Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:12 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

I have seen alot of things so far in game that are supposedly sellable but merchants want buy them. Fine steel weapons, rusty weapons, staff of writhing, etc etc, seems to be totally random as these items have no lore/no trade tags so should be able to sell.

Also some tips on tiered merchants would be nice, running around a world i already know like the back of my hand looking for an out of the way merchant doesnt sound like fun.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:47 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

It's not like they're hidden to the point to where you cannot find them. If you have played any live-like progression server, you know EXACTLY where the merchants are. Maybe not the location, but the zone should be a given. Most of them aren't even a secret, but do require you to defeat certain creatures or perform certain feats to be able to obtain said tiered gear in the correct chronological order of how EQ was developed expansion-wise.

Also, if that does not sound like fun, this server is not for you.

To the more important topic about fine steel weps not having a price, this is something that I will be adjusting. Since plat will play a BIG part in the server, I was shooting for it to be no-so-easy to get billions of plat by removing exploits involving money(or items resulting in money as it's likely the item in question would have a value), fixing money amounts dropped by npc's, adjusting prices on items that are super abundant throughout the game (defiant gear as an example - I do NOT want those to be the most valuable item in the game).

The reasoning on fine steel is that it's so common, and sells for a handful of plat. You could spend a day in KC farming fine steel (or worse a lower level zone in which you can obtain the same amount of fine steel for less effort) to farm a piece of decent gear that is not obtainable by farming, but by the economy-based progression.

Let's use Vadd's Breastplate as an example. Let's say it's 10k (it's a little more, but I like round numbers) and fine steel 1hs is worth 8p (i could be way off base on that). It would take ~1250 fine steel weps to buy a breastplate that is better than raex's breastplate that actually drops and requires effort to get. Why would Vadd's BP be obtainable before Raex's. I want you to have to trade 2-3 Raex's pieces for a Vadd's piece. If you think about it - it's similar to Hunter's armor progression system, but instead of farming relentlessly for hours upon end for a random gem or armor mold, you're farming for money which falls from EVERY monster, and EVERY(soon anyway) item. Thus, by reducing the cost on the fine steel weapons, it makes it a little harder, and a little less likely that someone will have a Vadd's before being able to get their very own Raex's by legitimate means.

That said; this is just a "guideline" and not really how things are. The numbers specifically are estimated to show an idea that I have for the server. Again, this may not be something you're into so feel free to look elsewhere. =) I've had plenty (for me) of interest for the server and I enjoy people who enjoy playing my server as much as I do.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

P.s. If you participated in my beta testing a few weeks ago, you know the zones of the first handful of tiers as they haven't moved very far. Same zones, different and more clever (imo)placement. Additionally, Along with the "tiered" gear, I threw in some things I took away from Dav00d. I don't care if he accepts the kudos or props or not, that guy is a genius and had the right idea. He made(in my opinion, again) the best EQEmu server ever, and I'm aiming to replicate his powergamer server with my own twist.

Example of stolen Dav00d content: Skull of Vishimtar. It's a baller shield (back when I played live a lot anyway) Only obtainable via killing Vishimtar which to the best of my knowledge is not functional within the PEQ DB. Which is completely acceptable as DoN can suck it imo. However, there may or may not be an NPC that sells Vishimtar's loot table. Hidden of course, and since I have only have up to LDoN unlocked for the time being - it shouldn't take too long to find, and I'm sure I'll be seeing that 175hp aug on everyone and their brother in every slot it can fit =p (I'm an AC whore personally though!)
Old 04-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrayas View Post

Also some tips on tiered merchants would be nice, running around a world i already know like the back of my hand looking for an out of the way merchant doesnt sound like fun.
Last post, sorry. It wouldn't be fun unless that merchant gave you an item that was a 200hp 50 ac and a bunch of stats upgrade that costs 80kpp which you have on your person because you have been farming the right items =)

Think about being a monk, and having 1.0 equipped in hand slots. You've just broken into Vex Thal on my server (no key required, just level) and you clear the zone, don't get an upgrade for your 1.0, and then finally... right before you engage AHR you see a merchant in your periphery and it happens to sell The Buried Sea raid gear (Hardened Energeiac Leather Gloves) for ~120kp per piece. Well, since you just cleared about 10 bosses and have 30 pieces of VT loot to sell, it just so happens you have enough plat to buy those gauntlets. That is a 31 ac, 400hp, and some stats upgrade. You just happened to stumble upon that merchant. Now you know where you can buy T(x) leather armor. You can now share that information(after you've equipped yourself with a full suit of course so you're #1 =p )

Or being a warrior, and killing the Avatar of War and he happens to drop 2x Blade of Carnage. Since items are not lore on my server, you can wield 2. You just gained 100hp a bunch of stats, and even the hate proc is better. Once you're done with them and replace those blades of carnage's with a Blade of War once you work yourself up to Rallos Zek before breaking into the elemental planes, you can turn around and sell those in the bazaar via trader mode for ~20k.

All these numbers and locations and merchants are imaginary and do not exist - another perspective on my server that you all may not have encountered yet.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Server back up by the way.

For some reason, my network card (on-board, there is the problem lolololol) is bonkers and likes to randomly disable and re-enable itself randomly. I will be being a non-on-board network card tomorrow morning.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:07 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Tonight I will be working on removing some quests, and replacing the quests with the quest-giver being a merchant which sells it's respective quest item at a personally-set price. Only some, not all.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:40 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

If someone will make me a forum I will pay them by means of wiring a few dollars, or paypal - whatever. (I have no idea how to do it, and would rather pay someone to do it for me - Yes, I know it's free to do so) That way we can stop clogging up eqemu's server discussion board which should be used for it's intended use, not my changelog.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:47 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Lowering the xp rate I believe. Someone is already level 40. Unless it is an exploit I overlooked which no one told me about. If it's a case of an exploit, petition it so I can fix it or else I'm slashing xp rates.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:51 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

Before the server came down a little while ago, couple weeks ,.

i played for like a week and wasonly level 54 or something, so i would imagine its a exploit personally
Old 04-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

I figured as much. Or a mage, which I think is the case with this one. I have an idea for mages. The nerf won't be as bad as what Sony recently did to sk's, but something will have to change with it.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:42 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

I am the level 40, it is because of the mage epic is why, quite easy with lesson + mage epic pet in solb. Although its easy to get to 40 as a mage it is starting to slow down now since the pet is starting to actually get hurt =D
Old 04-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

And to the defense of the mage epic - it can't solo anything worthy of concern. I watched it die to a trash mob and all concerns went away.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:27 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

New update: A website. Since I can't update it on the server list, I will have to put it here.

Here you will find up and coming changes, an already established changelog, and other things that will help develop the server.

leetsauceforums.proboards.com

I would like to thank those that have been playing and giving feedback. So far people seem to be having fun. I will have a new thread the next time I post here as my initial release will be done and will give players a few months worth of content, and an release announcement will be in order.

Thanks for the support guys!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:48 AM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

This server is just great, it is very refreshing take on everquest. Money talks!

I have been a great fan of Leetsauce Productions over the last couple of years and really happy the server is back!

Leveling is a nice steady pace, the community is great, with people from all over the world, Myself being european, i have come accross fellow euros so there is always someone online it seems at the moment!

Leetsauce is VERY interative with people playing his server, he is very accomodating, and will always listen to suggestions in making the server unique, and great!

Great work, having so much fun!

*The Artful Dodger*
Old 05-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

That was a fun stint on the server.

Time to wait for Awakened.