Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

Default Improvements on the Survivor Server

Hi folks,

After getting feedback we've made life a bit easier for you to Survive, and recover if you, er, don't.

- A nice little lady by the name of Lisalui near the Avatar of Mortality will kindly advance you straight to level 10 with appropriate skills, spells, and 150 plat. If after level 10 you give her 4 plat she will buff you with Temperance.

- Merchants Basur, Sirekoth, and Merabo in PoK have given up their brewing supplies business for the much more lucrative Defiant armor and weapons trade, along with some other helpful items. Don't ask them where they got the stuff. Affordable pricing, they tell me.

- Trudi Deepfacet (also in PoK) is now selling some Defiant Augments and other jewelry.

- Mortality is still optional. Speak to the Avatar of Mortality (right in front of you after you tell Arias to 'leave' Gloomingdeep) before you get to level 11 to become Mortal and intensify the challenge.

Dhrystone.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Rinion
Fire Beetle

Nice improvements, hopefully we'll get a few more nice people playing on Survivor, these merchants should be very helpful So far, I've enjoyed myself and plan on sticking around!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

Also added just now the title 'Mortal' to those that choose the path.

You'll get it automatically when the Avatar grants you mortality. If you're already mortal, talk to her again. She'll give you the option to take the title.

Some play tips:

- Get the best gear you can afford from the merchants. Crescent Reach is pretty good for farming decent sellable loot. Be careful of the aggro though. Merabo sells SoW potions. Keep SoW up in case you need to bug out fast. Never hunt without Temp up.

- Hot zones are West Commons, Kaesora, Warrens, East Karana, Oasis of Marr, Stonebrunt, Runnyeye, Lake Rathe, Guk, Sol B, and Tower of Frozen Shadow.

- Always have your escape planned before every fight.

Dhry
Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

Also ... to make death far less painful, the Mistress of Purgatory can remove your mortality and even, for a small fee, transport you back to PoK. But, this character can never be mortal again. But at least now you don't lose your stuff and the time you put in to level up.

Dhry
Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 PM
notknowing
Sarnak

Thumbs up

I really enjoy this idea and hope to see the server around for a while. I still feel as though there needs to be some kind of significant reward for players who are mortal that accomplish certain stuff. Like getting to a specific high level, completing certain quests, and defeating certain named mobs, etc. Something that will get people to put in the time and effort. Such as special items, etc. Not just a title. Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents. Thanks for putting the server up.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

If, say, we were to give Lisalui some very special weapons to award players who reach levels 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 65 what would be some good ones for each archetype (healer, melee, DPS, enchanter)?

Cool looks is the best. I can make special copies with better stats. I'm looking for appearance. All you gear gurus out there?

I'm tempted to award the epic at 65. Reaching level 65 without dying is EPIC if you ask me. Maybe even 60 so it could be used for the last 5 levels.

Dhry
Old 03-17-2013, 06:08 PM
j3wman
Fire Beetle

If reaching 65 without dying is EPIC, then you should make your own epic. Not use the over-used ones already. Give them at like 40 for 1.0 and either 50 or 60 for 2.0.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

I've implemented rewards in the form of good weapons and nice bags for mortals reaching milestones of level 15, 20, 25, and 30. Working on the higher levels now. You'll get a message when you reach a milestone level, speak to Lisalui in PoK to claim your reward. The highest we have on Survivor still alive as a mortal is level 22. Psilocybin is moving up fast though...

Dhry
Old 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM
notknowing
Sarnak

Awesome, great ideas and additions so far. Loving it. More people should login and check it out, its quite fun.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Rinion
Fire Beetle

Seen that a player reached into the high 40's being mortal yesterday, while soloing, so it appears "doable", and even though he was stripped of his mortality, ( a death ) he could continue playing and had all his same gear...pretty cool
Old 03-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

Okay, the whole concept is getting pretty solid now, at least where I like it. Give it a try. So far our highest mortal player is Poison, a level 55 Paladin.

The point of Survivor is not permadeath but to see how high a level you can get to without dying. To do this you become Mortal, which you can do anytime before level 11 by speaking to the Avatar of Mortality, easy to find in PoK. You'll receive a title, "Mortal" and be made eligible for special rewards (see below.) You will remain Mortal until you die or give it up voluntarily. If you die you'll be placed in Purgatory. You can exit from there and become a normal player again by speaking to the Mistress of Purgatory. Your level at time of death is recorded for our records. Once you exit you can loot your corpse and either play as normal, or pass your gear to another character through the shared bank.

Many good and services are available to help you. Some of these are available to all players, others are reserved for Mortals. Leveling is fast on Survivor.

For all players, Lisalui in the Plane of Knowledge can instantly advance you to level 10, scribe all your spells, set your skills, and give you 200 plat. This is so you can skip the tedious tutorial. Lisalui can also buff anyone, anytime with Temperance for a 4 plat donation.

Also for all players, a set of merchants sell Defiant armor for affordable (but not cheap) prices. Near them Kali can, for a price that scales by level, scribe all your spells for you. She can also, for a small donation, cast Clarivoyance on you.

For mortals only, Lisalui will offer item, cash, and title awards at the milestone levels of 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 65. The items are a class-appropriate weapon at level 15, and a charm slot item at the other levels that offers powerful stats for all classes at each level. The titles are suffixes; for level 20, "the Wary", for 30, "the Undefeated", 40, "The Courageous", 50, "The Indomitable", 60, "the Unconquerable", and 65 is "the Immortal". The current level cap is 65 but that may be raised.

The set of hot zones are West Commons, Kaesora, Warrens, East Karana, Oasis of Marr, Stonebrunt, Runnyeye, Lake Rathe, Guk, Sol B, and Tower of Frozen Shadow and these will be rotated every three months or so.

Dhry
Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 AM
Rinion
Fire Beetle

Sounds Great
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Zia
Fire Beetle

It is indeed a much smoother ride now. That Moors is available helps a lot!

Not that I can manage to stay alive any longer, but at least I get to die in new places!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

Thanks Zia! And grats on 36 so far as a Mortal!

About 80 percent of the Blightfire quests are in, and we're moving on to start tuning up Mesa and open that one up soon.

Dhry
Old 03-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Dhrystone
Sarnak

Goru'kar Mesa and Stonehive are now open for combat. Most of the Stonehive quests starting in Moors are done. None of the Mesa quests are written yet but the factions are set. Quests coming in the next few days. Check Scout Madu as he will be the first questgiver that will talk to you when some are done.

Dhry