Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

you'll need to be very specific as to where you are getting errors and exactly what they are (verbatim, preferably) or no one will be able to assist you.

what's telling you that your username/password is wrong? mysql? is it when you attempt to source in schema.sql?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

yea now i cant even get eq server to launch its stating bad password... man i think i screwed up something big now.... I cant seem to find the file that has the user/passsword settings... ARG!!!! so it seems I have mysql and apache running. at this point im going to experiment on my laptop and see where I can go with this... I followed the install guide for apache as was suggested it worked but think somehow the user password got screwed up there... im going to uninstall apache and see if i can at least get what I had befor up and running again, the EQEmuGUI program I can launch the "start MYsql" but am getting errors once i launch EQEmu server thats now where Im seeing bad password errors in the server window..... rebooting now

after deleting apache server, the EQEmu server seems happy again... so somehow I screwed up the apache user/password thingy
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

nothing related directly to apache (or php) is prompting you for a username or password. the database (mysql) will require a login, however.

your database user/pass will be located in your eqemulator directory in a file named eqemu_config.xml. it may not be the same as your root login information, but if you only use mysql for the emulator, it probably is.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Note:ax_classic_3.10o_R42 i'm old school older then 2009 like somewhere around 2003-2004
http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/wi...and-mysql.aspx
For all newer school peeps get to know it another great lesson from a dummy you can learn alot from a dummy! 80) WAMP ( Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP )

Note: It would help if you would copy the *.sql files to c:\mysql\bin directory then use the command line prompt
mysql -uroot -ppassword
use peq
source schema.sql

if you need more help follow this guide by: huppy http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980

Code:

These installation instructions are not required if you are using the AX-Classic Server repack.

1a. INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (For AX-Classic Server Repack Users)

To update your existing AX-Classic editor, perform the following steps:

1. Extract the axclassiceditor folder.
2. Move the contents into a subfolder of your C:\Program Files\AXClassic-PEQ\udrive\www folder.
3. Copy the settings from your known-good config.php folder into the folder you just created.
4. Browse to http://localhost/yoursubfoldername/index.php and start editing.

1b. MANUAL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

To install the AX-Classic Editor, perform the following steps:

1. Browse to http://www.apache.org to download and install the Apache HTTP server.
2. Browse to http://www.php.net to download and install PHP.
3. Move the files from this AX-Classic download into your Apache server's www directory.
4. Source schema.sql from the editor's \sql directory into your database.
5. Update config.php to configure to your database.
6. In your Server Repack application, click the Tools menu, and then click HeidiSQL
7. Write down the info in the window that follows if you don't know your database login info. Click OK.
8. Make sure the connection info matches what you wrote down in the previous step. Then click Connect.
9. Click the AX-Classic database in the left tab.
10. Then click in white box to the right of line number 1. 
11. Paste the text from section 2 below into that space, and then press the F9 key.
12. Browse to http://localhost/index.php and start editing.
13. The default username/password is admin/password. To add another user, click the Admin link once you login.

2. SQL INSTALLATION REQUIRED (BOTH CASES)

# Creates Editor Login Table
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `peq_admin`;
CREATE TABLE `peq_admin` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `login` varchar(30) character set utf8 NOT NULL default '',
  `password` varchar(255) character set utf8 NOT NULL default '',
  `administrator` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=3 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;

# Creates default admin/password entry in above table so users can login and change it after install.
INSERT INTO `peq_admin` VALUES ('1', 'admin', '5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99', '1');
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM
c0ncrete
Dragon

he's not using ax-classic or the ax-classic editor...

EDIT:
he's also already got a working mysql installation, so why would he need to complicate matters by installing a second via wamp, or xampp, or any other *amp distro?
Old 11-13-2012, 11:44 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ncrete View Post
he's not using ax-classic or the ax-classic editor...

EDIT:
he's also already got a working mysql installation, so why would he need to complicate matters by installing a second via wamp, or xampp, or any other *amp distro?
To each their own and all that but the *amp installs are for total idiots.
Noport, dude seriously... did you even read the thread. Also I guess if you felt the fucking need to copy every .sql file into the bin directory you could, or you could fucking learn to CD to the directory with prompt.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

ok w Wolfs help Im almost there, had to install alot of things...

Wolf- Im at the editing part of step 17, need help w 17 and 18...

I had to reinstall with clean start took all day but goto step 17ish... I need some help here with the "Key" I cant find the peq.varibles and not sure of the key itself.. now that Im almost there I need to get peq-php editor up.. by end of day yesterday my brain was fried.. but am ready.. ill be on again tomarrow on vent Fri, would love last bit of help for these final steps...

man mysql was a bitch this time to get one running but all seems good to go now. thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Uleat
Developer

mysql can give you headaches if you don't manually delete the previous install directories.

The old configuration/db files interfere with the setup wizard.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

yea im close im stumbling on the edits of configs and such... almost there... hopefuly Wolf will drop in vent and iron the rest out with me.. thanks again wolf for the help... man dont think Id gotten this far w/o u
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Sorry had the in-laws stop by for some food. I'll be online majority of tomorrow so look for me whenever you have some free time.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:15 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

well I got it all in and am working on editing everything to get it to run,,, Thanks to Wolf for getting me this far never would have on my own.. now I have to check all the edits I made and the editor should work..right now when i launch the index.php it opens browser and trys to download... working on it... the next step I need help with is configuring it all to work as a private server on my machine.... anyone have a quick link on that config? I was using the AX launcher but now this install is not, so i gotta figure out how to launce mysql,launch the server and launch eq.. and the thing about creating new acounts or such on the eqlaunchpad...anyway.. thats where im at. again thanks Wolf tons.

thanks in advance to any replys
Old 11-17-2012, 01:40 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

ok...... found this..... it solved my problem

http://forums.axclassic.com/viewtopi...p=14261#p14261