Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 11-10-2012, 12:52 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
you'll have to excuse sorvani he's still learning how use the internet http://www.navicat.com if you look it says download from navicat website. click on download and then click on download center that was easy http://www.navicat.com/en/download/download.html
More like Navicat redid their website again to make it available. I don't use the program and yes I was too lazy to go hit their website again. But you can have this one.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

In sorvani's defense navi has changed their site a few times over the last year. For awhile you could not find a download to a free or trial version of their software. (At least if it was possible I did not find the link but I didn't need it myself, was trying to help someone else get a server up)

So anyone figure out what the op wanted? ;p
Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
So anyone figure out what the op wanted? ;p
He wants LDoN. I told him what to do a couple posts back.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:40 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It sounded like he's trying to run the peq database editor with no success. How that is connected to LDoN I dunno.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:12 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Ah well I'm sure they will figure it out or provide more info.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:24 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
It sounded like he's trying to run the peq database editor with no success. How that is connected to LDoN I dunno.
like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrichards123 View Post
I LOVE the AX-PHP editor and have been used to that but really want to use the PEQ database to run LDONs..
he is crossing the streams.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

To me that reads:

Quote:
I've used the AX-PHP editor before and I love it, but I want to switch to using the PEQ database as that allows me to run LDoNs. I'd like to use the PEQ database editor as well, but I can't figure out how to install it properly.
He's probably missing some opcodes.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

sorry guys for the confusion and late responses.... yes I have been trying to get the PEQ editor to work. I cant seem to get it running. that is my main goal is to get the peq or an editor like the AX-php editor, I know that editor very well and am not used to raw database manipulations...

as it is I cant get the apache up and running as I cant find an installer program, I downloaded the binaries but there is no "install" program to install it as I can tell. please understand my comp knowledge is old I used to know everything untill about 10 years ago now sadly :( i use my nephews alot more than I used to

anyway. I seriously would like to run PEQ which I can becouse of LDON, I want to get the PEQ editor up and running and that where Im stuck..

SO I guess what Im asking is an extremely base level step by step... Ive tryed many times, Ive read tons of posts and Im sure Im just not doing some basic step wrong....

Thank you again in advance for any help... so heres what I have up and running as I can tell.. using the EQemuGUI program to launce eq-ax or eq-peq... both run well. if you ask me trigger questions of what u info you need to ask me plz do.. Ill do anything to get peq editor running... I wish I could fuse the two ax and peq together as AX seems to have items I like that peq doest,,, anyway

thanks again guys in advance for any responses..
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

how did you get the AX-php editor to run without apache? did you use IIS or something? php is php. if you have/had a machine that runs the AX-php editor, you should be able to run the other (generally speaking). regardless, you're still not giving us a lot of information to go on.

what do you have installed right now? if you've got a running eqemulator server, we know you at least have mysql and perl. what are you running it on? windows? ubuntu? BeOS? FreeBSD? what have you tried to do? what guide are you following? etc
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

I have mysql running... if thats a help. Ive got the tortiseSVN running... that about all i know.. id love to somehow get the peq-php editor up... ill answer any more questions u have.. thanks again for the responses... oh i launch the ax-php through the button in the EQEmuGUI interface/launcher, running on windows 7. ive tryed the guides on PEQ website and tyred just about every instructions in the forums on mist all EQEMU sites....
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

you're probably not going to find an "easy" solution to your problem. the launcher you are describing most likely has a portable version of both apache and php.

a quick google search for "installing php on windows 7" came up with the following walkthrough:

http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/ho...-windows-7.php

i'm not running windows 7, nor have i validated the instructions on that site.

additionally, apache and php aren't specific to eqemulator, so i would recommend not trying to involve it in your search for instructions on installing them. there is a HUGE amount of information freely available on the web on the installation of them both. get those installed first before you worry about the editor. if you can't get them installed, you likely won't be able to use the other editor.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

I'm not doing anything for the next couple days if you want my help getting it all up and going. Just PM me a gtalk,aim,yahoo msg name and a time you want to go over things.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:22 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

There are instructions for installing Apache all over the place, here's the official ones: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html

The installers are here: http://www.linuxtourist.com/apache/h...inaries/win32/ You want the appropriate msi file.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

ok got the apache server up, I got the IT WORKS message.. now trying to find the PEQ editor install instructions again in forums.. I somehow saw the PEQ login screen in a webwindow but the user/passwords are not found, so somewhere in the install I cant find the user/pass thing... tryed admin/password combo no go so far... im a notch farther now need to figure out the rest of the peq-php install
Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
wrichards123
Sarnak

heres where im stuck... i dont know how to do this simple thing:

Step 5:

Source schema.sql (in the editor's /sql directory) into your database.

also im getting password errors saying cant log into localhost