Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozium View Post
bug report:

north qey seems to be missing skeli mobs.

qey hills missing tons of mobs.

blackburrow is getting assist agro from below on entrance level, and few of the mobs there seem to be changed from normal peq.
Not looking for bug reports at this time related to content; I may just use standard PEQ instead but we will see.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM
MysteryNRW
Fire Beetle

Hp/Mana regen increase plz and if possible add some custom loot
Old 11-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Not looking for bug reports at this time related to content; I may just use standard PEQ instead but we will see.
please do as all dungeons have crazy agro atm making them unplayable, was the merge what caused the strangeness ? or just bozo core that you used???

few complaining about things like no custom loot or slow regen rate, but i have no problem with it.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:09 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozium View Post
please do as all dungeons have crazy agro atm making them unplayable, was the merge what caused the strangeness ? or just bozo core that you used???

few complaining about things like no custom loot or slow regen rate, but i have no problem with it.
Going to up the regeneration rate (200% in-combat and rested being a 6 second timer with 15% per tick) and re-do the database so everything works properly.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Changes:
-Database and Quests updated to latest PEQ
-All PEQ zones and races enabled as well
-'Chaotic'-ified the PEQ database. (all/all on everything.)
-Added the server map files, they were missing, don't know how i missed that.
-Balanced the spell levels. You can now only scribe spells you have an appropriate level for.
-Increased OOC regen to 15% with a 6-second timer before it kicks in.

New spellfile, skillcaps, and basedata:
http://tinyurl.com/edgenov14
Old 11-15-2013, 09:52 AM
blurman2000
Fire Beetle

The server seems to be kicking us out back to login screen for some reason.
Anyone else able to log in?
Old 11-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Pdizzle
Sarnak

I'm able to get in.

However, I've noticed a couple issues.

1) Some spells aren't correct in the level we're allowed to use them. Greater Healing says level 57 when I try to scribe it. I"m guessing it checks for what level a ranger can use the spell.

2) I'm not sure if this will be the case for other zones, but zoning into South Felwithe just puts me back into Gfay.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Pdizzle
Sarnak

More info on #3 above. It's not just Ranger spells. Alacrity requires level 60. Also, when you try to scribe a spell that's too high it seems to freeze my client forcing me to relog.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Pdizzle
Sarnak

Does anyone know if tradeskills work?
Old 11-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

........Dat awkward moment when all my inventory was wiped....fawkkkkkkkkkk

Old 11-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Pdizzle
Sarnak

For starters, I like the concept of this server. I have over 20 hours of play on it (90% or so of leveling), but I think the exp is too slow. I know the server is new, but I've seen quite a few people come and go since the opening. I was fortunate enough to be able to take advantage of using high level spells in the first day to get to almost level 30. Since then, I've only made it to 41. Seeing it slow down in the 40s, knowing that I still have to get to 85 plus a TON of AA's in order to be able to even try the high-end content is a bit overwhelming. All the while knowing that even once I get 85 and full AA's, I might not even be able to handle the high-end content solo.

I (I'm sure we) really appreciate you taking the server, but the fact that there were more people online in it's previous rendition probably means I'm not alone in my opinion. I've personally seen quite a few of the higher level folk log back in after you changed the spell level, to not log back in after trying for a bit. I like your concept of live item stats and AA's better due to the fact that the previous version was too easy once I maxed out one AA, but the commitment to get to the point of just trying high-end content is really high.

Anyway, I thought you might want some feedback from someone who has played a good bit on your server. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdizzle View Post
For starters, I like the concept of this server. I have over 20 hours of play on it (90% or so of leveling), but I think the exp is too slow. I know the server is new, but I've seen quite a few people come and go since the opening. I was fortunate enough to be able to take advantage of using high level spells in the first day to get to almost level 30. Since then, I've only made it to 41. Seeing it slow down in the 40s, knowing that I still have to get to 85 plus a TON of AA's in order to be able to even try the high-end content is a bit overwhelming. All the while knowing that even once I get 85 and full AA's, I might not even be able to handle the high-end content solo.

I (I'm sure we) really appreciate you taking the server, but the fact that there were more people online in it's previous rendition probably means I'm not alone in my opinion. I've personally seen quite a few of the higher level folk log back in after you changed the spell level, to not log back in after trying for a bit. I like your concept of live item stats and AA's better due to the fact that the previous version was too easy once I maxed out one AA, but the commitment to get to the point of just trying high-end content is really high.

Anyway, I thought you might want some feedback from someone who has played a good bit on your server. Thanks!
I agree. I'll be raising the exp to triple the amount it is now.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Pdizzle
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
I agree. I'll be raising the exp to triple the amount it is now.
Thanks, Secrets! I'm looking forward to the change.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:54 AM
xlqyppp
Fire Beetle

cant train my skills from guildmasters now,the guildmasters only offer language skills now? so my 37 ranger missed double attack and riposite,is it bugged?

btw: the exp rate is fine to me ,start as a mag+wiz is much easier.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlqyppp View Post
cant train my skills from guildmasters now,the guildmasters only offer language skills now? so my 37 ranger missed double attack and riposite,is it bugged?

btw: the exp rate is fine to me ,start as a mag+wiz is much easier.
Which client are you on?