Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:08 PM
Kadin
Fire Beetle

Red face Can anyone recommend a server?

I'm looking to play around with my wife some. I had previously enjoyed the Irreverent (Solo) server and am looking for a similar experience, something where we can duo the majority of the content (without boxing).
EZ server is not a good fit, since I am more interested in giving her a mostly-legit experience.
We don't have a ton of time to play, so while grouping is an option, I'd like to find a server where we can access most of the content, including traditional raid content, with just the two of us.
Does anybody have any suggestions?

On a side note, any advice on class would be appreciated. She has her heart set on Beastlord, but I am comfortable in any role and would like to pick something that complements her choice. My gut instinct is that the flexibility of a druid should go well with a BST but obviously the specifics of the server you good folks recommend will influence that choice.

Thanks in advance to anybody who takes the time to comment!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Nukerella
Fire Beetle

I play on Imperium with my husband, most of the content is all solo/duo. Some of the end content you can group with more. I play a beast and mage myself and my husband plays mostly SK but pick the class you like and you can make it work.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:40 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

I think Druid complements the Beastlord nicely. Track, crowd control, ports. Can pull with Harmony outside - getting single pulls is the bane of the Beastlord (or Mage).

Another interesting pick is Wizard. Not the same utility as Druid, but the big nukes and root add a lot to this pairing.

If you guys are definitely not boxing, two more interesting classes to duo are Bard and Enchanter. Like I said getting single pulls is a Beastlord's bane. Both of those classes can get them for you.

One thing about Enchanter though, a Beastlord can't do much to help you out if a mob aggros on the Enchanter on a charm break. Beasts can generate mondo aggro, but it takes a couple of spell casts, as opposed to a Paladin or whatever just stunning the mob.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:44 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Oh yeah, really want to recommend the Bard. They add so much when they are actively played.

Plus you could both play Cats and start on the moon. Actually leveling on Luclin is something most players never did. Kind of a way to make it fresh for you too, most likely.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:48 PM
Kadin
Fire Beetle

Thanks you both. It sounds like Imperium is the way to go then, I'll get her set up there, and I'll start with a Druid. With some luck we'll run into you guys when we're there!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Kadin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
Oh yeah, really want to recommend the Bard. They add so much when they are actively played.

Plus you could both play Cats and start on the moon. Actually leveling on Luclin is something most players never did. Kind of a way to make it fresh for you too, most likely.
During my Live era some areas of Luclin were great to gain early levels in actually. I remember spending a lot of time in Paludal Caverns, liked it so much I even brought my necro there.

I was sort of leaning away from Bard because I figured it would be underpowered in a mere duo. But based on your recommendation I might give that a whirl.

Bard is actually the exception to my 'comfortable with anything' statement, but that just means we'd be learning together.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:22 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Raid addicts is fun but ALOT of time sink.

Imperium is eh I didn't care for it after it came under new management.

Prymeeq is fun has that nostalgia feel but solo/duo it's in beta final toon wipe is Dec 1st

Blood and rank is really fun tons of events always going on nostalgia with a tad bit of customized stuff really friendly people always a GM on to buff/port/rezz GM will even group with you and so will the community

Leetsause is pretty cool ton of customized stuff really unique solo/duo 100%

Casual dreams is fun solo/duo up to pop right now helpful community ect.

Nagafens lair and vision of grandeur are pretty cool to but my favorite is blood and rank so far iv played all.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:40 AM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Had another thought about a possible duo team.

Necro and Beastlord.

It's a little more trouble but with Feign Death Necro can pull most camps.

And the damage speaks for itself, since a duo will be able to wait for the dot's to work. Plus with screaming terror and root (thought it comes a little late), necro can do some crowd control after a pull.

Plus the Darkness line isn't as good as Snare, but you can still stop runners.

And then there is Fear Kiting...

Tags
server class advice