Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Sarepean
Discordant

Default Quest Problem

Hey! I'm having some trouble with a Perl command in a quest file. This is for the Oracle of K'arnon. I've made an NPC called "The Fabled Ancient Cyclops" and I'm trying to make the Oracle spawn him in the sub_EVENT: Here's the code.

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){quest::say("Hail! You are brave coming out onto this island. Is there something I can [help with]?");}
if($text=~/help with/i){
quest::me("The guard nearby reaches for his sword, ready to kill you should you try for the Oracle Robe.");
quest::say("Who sent you, $name?");}
if($text=~/Hasten Bootstrutter/i){quest::say("Oh, well that is a different story, then. You must be here about the [Fabled Ring]. I saw it in my vision.");}
if($text=~/Fabled Ring/i){quest::say("You are here for the Fabled Ring of the Ancients... hmm... I'm going to need a [Ring of the Ancients] and 200 Platinum.");}
if($text=~/Ring of the Ancients/i){quest::say("There is one that walks the sands that carries this band on his hands. You should know where to find him by now.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{12268} == 1 && $platinum == 200)
{
quest::spawn(121094,0,0,1431,-7904,152);
quest::say("I have called to another plane and the creature you seek is just across the ocean.");
quest::exp(100);
quest::summonitem(1226;
}
}

Pretty simple and definitely cheesy. Heres my error:

EDIT:

Unknown Perl Function used:

If I put quest::spawn at the bottom, everything works except spawn. Did I forget to put something into the database or what???

-Sarepean
Old 10-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Ugh!! Suggestion, space out your code its alot easier to read and debug!!

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY 
{ 
  if($text=~/Hail/i)
  {
  quest::say("Hail! You are brave coming out onto this island. Is there something I can [help with]?");
  } 

if($text=~/help with/i)
  { 
  quest::me("The guard nearby reaches for his sword, ready to kill you should you try for the Oracle Robe."); 
  quest::say("Who sent you, $name?");
  } 

if($text=~/Hasten Bootstrutter/i)
  {
  quest::say("Oh, well that is a different story, then. You must be here about the [Fabled Ring]. I saw it in my vision.");
  } 

if($text=~/Fabled Ring/i)
  {
  quest::say("You are here for the Fabled Ring of the Ancients... hmm... I'm going to need a [Ring of the Ancients] and 200 Platinum.");
  } 

if($text=~/Ring of the Ancients/i)
  {
  quest::say("There is one that walks the sands that carries this band on his hands. You should know where to find him by now.");
  } 

} 
sub EVENT_ITEM 
{ 
  if($itemcount{12268} == 1 && $platinum == 200) 
  { 
  quest::say("I have called to another plane and the creature you seek is just across the ocean."); 
  quest::summonitem(12268); 
  } 
}
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Sorry about that. I'll try to remember next time. I was tired after about 12 hours of frustration trying to get that to work and just didn't even think about spacing it out.

So is that the "fixed" code?

-Sarepean
Old 10-25-2004, 01:03 PM
ajb20
Hill Giant

Change

Quote:
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{12268} == 1 &amp;&amp; $platinum == 200)
{
quest::summonitem(1226;
}
}
To
Code:
sub EVENT_ITEM 
{ 
  if($itemcount{12268} == 1 &amp;&amp; $platinum == 200) 
  { 
  quest::summonitem(12268); 
  } 
}
Unless it was fixed there is a bug with quest::spawn(); that stops every command in the same block that is inserted AFTER the spawn command, so try to put the spawn command last.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

Well, originally, it was spawn(x,x,x,x,x,x) last, but when the spawn command did nothing at all, I moved it to the top thinking that it would allow me to see where the stuff was bugging out at (also why there's a summonitem in there). See, everytime I do a turn in, I lose a ring of the ancients and 200pp. I have tons of platinum, but the summonitem(1226 *ring of the ancients* saved me some time--- unfortunately, the code stopped at spawn each time, but doesn't spawn anything!!!

Yes, I've tried other NPC ID's. =( I just can't get this code to work.

-Sarepean
Old 10-27-2004, 03:48 AM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb20
Unless it was fixed there is a bug with quest::spawn(); that stops every command in the same block that is inserted AFTER the spawn command, so try to put the spawn command last.
Last I heard, fathernitwit merged in a fix.