Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 11-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Rakkoraz
Fire Beetle

Lol well i'm glad you saw my comment.. been waiting forever for this DL. TYVM
Old 11-12-2008, 05:23 PM
ryder911
Hill Giant

Quick question: I have tried using bots and it seems that they do not work. I can spawn the mand equip them with items, but they would not listen to all of my commands and would not engage in combat. Is this a bug ? or do i have to make a change to something on the DB to make them work?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryder911 View Post
Quick question: I have tried using bots and it seems that they do not work. I can spawn the mand equip them with items, but they would not listen to all of my commands and would not engage in combat. Is this a bug ? or do i have to make a change to something on the DB to make them work?
did you add maps to the map directory? Without maps added they will not attack a target. The very top of the post it says where to get them.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:39 PM
ryder911
Hill Giant

I have them did not add them because on my comp where I added them I couldn't get it to work, but on laptop were I didn't it connected... I'll give it another try and see if I can get it to work with the maps. Thanks for your help btw, and awesome tool.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Default updated 11-17-08

hello,

More info and help on this can be found here
I have a new release that is current as of today. "11-17-08"
I added many new features to this one, with some great Ideas and help from Angelox. This repack will offer a choice of 2 databases, axclassic and peq. You will be able to switch between the 2 anytime you wish, plus in the dbtools you can also transfer back and forth with your bots and characters. Lets say you have several characters on AXClassic and want to test out the PEQ database, you would just go into your dbtools and select option 2 or 3 depending on what way you want to transfer the characters/bots.

The dbtools will still function just as they did in the last release just added some extra option for the double db support.
We also are working a few more options that should make things even easier, I just wanted to get this out so people can test it and leave me feedback one way or the other any questions or problems dont hesitate to post them here and i'll answer then as soon as i get to them.

Here is the download link
DOWNLOAD NOW!

Last edited by Angelox; 11-18-2008 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: New link for updated download
Old 11-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Les;
I updated some of your posts here and placed new links to your latest GUI download.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Leslamarchs Server Re-Pack Updated

This is a full, standalone auto-install of the whole Emulator and all its components , you should need nothing else. It includes both AX_CLASSIC and PEQ versions (you can alter from one to another, migrate characters) of the database, has back up/restore, and even more features.
It is the easiest way to go, if you just want to play (and not become an OS Guru). It even helps you with the desktop short cut needed for the client.

Download it here
Old 11-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Leslamarch's newest server re-pack will now also include and fully install the revised PHP editors .
The complexity of installing the PEQ PHP Editor is vanished too
Old 12-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

A lot of people who are using Leslamarch's install package, then for whatever reason, trying to change settings by following other posted instructions/ guides, which in turn creates problems.
You can't do that with this install kit, you'll just screw up the install if you do.
It's best to have everything EqEmu related completely removed/uninstalled (MySql too). If you already have a \Maps directory, keep it as that is a big download, and you'll need it later on.
If you are having problems with 'spells not landing' , it's because your \Maps directory is still empty and you need to add those. (You can find them posted at my web page). Since \Maps is over a Gigabyte in size, I linked PEQ and AX_Classic Maps with Junction.exe so I could save some space.
Since Leslamarch used the common 'localhost' ip (127.0.0.1), this means you probably can only play one account at a time on the Lan, He had to do this so it would be compatible for all users (you all have a localhost ip).
The idea is to make it as easy as possible, so anyone can have a shot at the Eqemu emulator, and play.
Again, if you have any questions or problems on this install, don't go looking for guides and posts; you have to ask Leslamarch. You really should not have any problems with his install package.
You can also request things you think might be helpful for this kit.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:30 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
Leslamarch's newest server re-pack will now also include and fully install the revised PHP editors .
The complexity of installing the PEQ PHP Editor is vanished too
Is there anyway we could get this functionality separated so the program will only install the editor and its dependencies? This would go a long way in helping people get the editor up and running, as for many people new to web servers and PHP it can be quite the daunting task.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:27 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Les, you are a shining example of goodness and well intent. As opposed to me, who could have released my repack 2 years ago except for all the shit that was thrown at me for even suggesting the idea. But today is a different day for Emulators, and even the stoggiest EQEmu old schooler may be able to appreciate Repacks.

Thanks for taking this public (and the honorable mention), regardless of how much work you now have to do supporting it ~snicker~ One suggestion, though I think you intentionally left Maps out to keep the size down... the original "Raahvin PEQEmu Repack" was turn-key, no config, complete with PEQEditor php. If you can manage that, you might save yourself some pain.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:49 AM
yagslammer6
Fire Beetle

So I downloaded the Repack from the link in the first post of this thread.I installed it,grabbed the maps and put them where they go,and fired up the server.Everything seemed to work fine,so then I started up my client and was able to log into my own server which was listed on the public login server list.I am able to creat characters just fine,but everytime I go to enter the world, I see "Entering mines of gloomingdeep" and then my zone.exe pops up an error window saying it needs to shut down,and my client gets DC'd.If I leave it go,the zone.exe keeps restarting itself and giving the error window over and over.

I also tried to log into the server from a different computer too,but that also crashed the zone.exe on the server's computer.I don't have much computer knowledge,which is why I didn't post logs(I tried to copy/paste them but the log window wouldn't let me copy from in it for some reason),and I know that you guys don't want to answer 8 million support questions about the repack,but if I could get any kind of suggestions or input it would be greatly appreciated .

I thought I read somewhere on the forums that tutorialb wasn't made to be the starting zone on the repack,could that have anything to do with my problem?

Also,if anyone can explain to me how to post logs,I could post them too.
Thx in advance for any help
Old 01-15-2009, 02:22 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

great stuff here folks =)

have a question, Im using the most recent (i assume?) version of the porta-emu from Angelox's link on 11-29-2008.( tried using a couple other older links as well to ether no avail or same result btw) it works great and im extremely impressed with all the extras worked in, however is this supposed to be offline/minilogin only now? not sure if its somthing obvious im missing or what but i cant make it install a public server. I read a post stating that the common steps used to alter a server setup will likely not work as this package isnt designed to be altered in some ways. being as how ive had no luck switching things over (as that post implied hehe) to public i figured it cant hurt to bad to ask, what are the exact steps required to create a public login from this installer or do you wonderful folks have any plans to rerelease the public creator version? ( i saw above where Leslamarch linked the public version but its now a dead link for me at least.)

this is an awesome tool though. saves so much hassle of tracking down the exact right version of perl & mysql everytime which is where ive made mistakes i donno how many times hehe.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownhost View Post
great stuff here folks =)

have a question, Im using the most recent (i assume?) version of the porta-emu from Angelox's link on 11-29-2008.( tried using a couple other older links as well to ether no avail or same result btw) it works great and im extremely impressed with all the extras worked in, however is this supposed to be offline/minilogin only now? not sure if its somthing obvious im missing or what but i cant make it install a public server. I read a post stating that the common steps used to alter a server setup will likely not work as this package isnt designed to be altered in some ways. being as how ive had no luck switching things over (as that post implied hehe) to public i figured it cant hurt to bad to ask, what are the exact steps required to create a public login from this installer or do you wonderful folks have any plans to rerelease the public creator version? ( i saw above where Leslamarch linked the public version but its now a dead link for me at least.)

this is an awesome tool though. saves so much hassle of tracking down the exact right version of perl & mysql everytime which is where ive made mistakes i donno how many times hehe.
Yeah in the first releases I did do a public login version and since i merged the 2 dbs to one GUI I have left the public login version out to dry. I think Cavedudes repack is much better suited to handle that task. I have implemented many tools to make it easier for server to run mini login for friends via the internet.

The link Angelox post is always up-to date with current releases, I have been trying to get versions out once every week or so. This depends on the activity of the SVN though.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:05 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

wow fast reply time!

thanks for the info Lesla, this really is a sweet tool! glad to know it wasnt me doing somthing silly for the reason i couldnt get public to work. (usually its my fault, if i ever start coding i dread my horrible simple mistake habit!)

will keep watch in case you ever go public again, but definately putting this to use next minilogin install. too too awesome.