Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 02-04-2007, 08:16 AM
slowglass
Fire Beetle

Default Al' Kabor's Almanac

This is in effect a direct competitor to Muuss's Eq Brower. When a friend of ours started running a private EQ server, he installed Muuss's browser. It was useful, but not quite what we wanted. I decided to change it a bit. What started as a bit of tinkering ended up in a whole sale redesign. Gone was all the Alakaham look and feel that Muuss spent hours crafting. What I am presenting is an alhpa release, driven by the users of my friends private server. I hope to keep improving (starying by fixing the miriad of bugs that I know are there). I did feel that it was now al least ready to be viewed an commented upon.

If you are interested in looking it over then you can find it at http://www.slowglass.com/alkabor/

Chirs
Old 02-04-2007, 07:53 PM
number6
Sarnak

Chris has done a really good job on this tool so far - it's my server that its been developed on initially - and it's definitely well worth giving it a try. The fact that Chris managed to mispell his own name shouldn't put you off

Paul.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:17 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Just wanted to say that I just installed this on my personal server and it is great. It is an extremely useful tool. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:42 AM
sesmar

I found one error in this so far. In the file zone_list.php on line 47 and 48 you have:

Code:
$q->addJoin("Inner join $tbspawn2 on $tbspawnentry.spawngroupID=$tbspawn2.spawngroupID");
$q->addJoin("Inner join $tbspawnentry on $tbspawnentry.npcID=$tbnpctypes.id");
It should be

Code:
$q->addJoin("Inner join $tbspawnentry on $tbspawnentry.npcID=$tbnpctypes.id");
$q->addJoin("Inner join $tbspawn2 on $tbspawnentry.spawngroupID=$tbspawn2.spawngroupID");
It was throwing an error on this page for me. I made this little change and it works for me. It seems the problem was with the order of the Joins. Since your main table in the query is npc_types you have to reference the join to spawnentry first then the join to spawn2.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:56 AM
slowglass
Fire Beetle

Thanks, Sesmar ... might explain a bug I was seeing

Chris
Old 02-05-2007, 05:26 AM
sesmar

Found another little problem this time with the character inventory page.

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method CItem::printAlaborDesc2() in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/alkabor/invItem.php on line 75
I fixed this by changing line 75 from:

Code:
print $item->printAlaborDesc2($char->level);
To:

Code:
print $item->printAlkaborDesc2($char->level);

Not trying to pick it apart or anything just trying to help. Once again great tool.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:52 AM
slowglass
Fire Beetle

Thanks again.

Refactored quite a bit recently, especially the CChar class and the CItem class.
Sorry that those typos slipped through.

Great job in alph testing.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 AM
slowglass
Fire Beetle

Sesmar, quick question. Which version of MySQL are you using. I do not get the first error that you reported. (I have done the change anyway as it does not effect me detramentally)

Chris
Old 02-05-2007, 08:23 AM
sesmar

MySql - 5.0.26