Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:59 AM
everlastnmn
Sarnak

Default This guide dosen't work..

I'm using rev1052 and the login server .bat file errors out - windows could not find 'world' or 'eqlaunch'... frustrating..
Old 12-24-2009, 03:07 AM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlastnmn View Post
I'm using rev1052 and the login server .bat file errors out - windows could not find 'world' or 'eqlaunch'... frustrating..
I think you are missing the statement

c:
CD c:\[folder] the folder name will be where those files are located.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:50 PM
everlastnmn
Sarnak

Default ...

Seriously, can someone update this ? I have followed this word for word and it dosen't work. Specifically the .bat file. I tried the change directory as suggested above and still no dice.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:11 AM
mastajon
Sarnak

this guide is missing alot of stuff. the one on the wikki is your best bet.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:49 AM
threeflies
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpIeWoRkS View Post
I am trying this install but am stuck on step 4. When I try to source the database I get:
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'peqdb_rev1038.sql' , error: 2

Read in the post where someone was having same issue and figured it out but unfortunately didn't say what to do to fix problem. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

I'm getting the same error. Did you manage to find a fix ?

After extracting the database the file shows a blue ? icon. BTW, It was extracted to the same folder as the other sql files, ie, C:\Program Files\mysql\bin\projecteqdb\peqdatabase

Any tips appreciated
Old 12-31-2009, 05:53 AM
mastajon
Sarnak

once you extract the files you have to take all the sql files and put them in just the bin folder, they cant be in any sub directories. try that out
Old 12-31-2009, 06:14 AM
threeflies
Fire Beetle

Fantastic mastajon ! worked like a charm

Now why on earth couldn't Vales server set-up guide explain that , I can't be the only person to trip-up on this bit

Thanks again !

Thanks also to Vales , whom without the guide we would'nt even know where to start
Old 01-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Frumph
Fire Beetle

Server runs great, it compiles, database appears to be working can play online and all that jazz but the LDoN (after doing the quest) and all that, the adventure recruiter still doesnt bring up any adventures, I noticed the Debug zone log file has this in it: Client::SendAdventureSelection(): NPC had no template id

This is using the latest PEQ database from the repository and I looked up the NPC and it's true all of the npc's have 0 set as template id ..

How are people getting the LDoN's working?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Derision
Developer

I don't know a lot about LDoN, but I believe the only ones currently implemented in the PEQ database are Mistmoore Catacombs. Those are available from Xyzelauna_Tu`Valzir in Butcherblock.

She is the only NPC with an Adventure_Template > 0 in my (few weeks old) copy of the database.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

The topic is getting off-topic but..

I suggest you to take a look at: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...reSystemSample

Check your DB:
1. Each adventure has an adventure_templateID (id field) in the adventure_template table
2. You have to set adventure template entries (IDs) in the adventure_template_entry table and assign one ore more adventure_templateID to each one of them.
3. Assign the adventure template entry (ID) to the adventure recruiter of your choice in the npc_types table (adventure_template_id field)

The specific adventure recruiter will offer all the adventures (adventure_templateIDs) listed in the adventure_template_entry table and detailed/defined in the adventure_template table

So check your DB and make sure all set correctly.

Thats pretty much it.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Frumph
Fire Beetle

Meh the jist of it is that the database isn't pre-set already apparently
Old 01-31-2010, 03:02 AM
jumblebum
Fire Beetle

Okay, I downloaded and running the following:
ActivePerl-5.10.0.1004-MSWin32-x86-287188
mysql-essential-5.1.42-win32
peqdb_rev1052.sql

I can login okay...I get to the server select and see my server, but have 2 problems:
1) I have "You have 0 of 0 expansions" displayed.
2) I fail to connect to my server with:
Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a lost of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary.

When my eqhost file is pointing to my server and I have this problem, but when I change the file back to eqemulator.net:5998 everything works fine connecting to other servers.

I saw previous posts with similar problems and people posted that they fixed it, but didn't say how. Please help...this is driving me nuts.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:40 AM
OscarGrouch05
Sarnak

1. you have 0 of 0 is correct .. as trevius told me that isn't important it will still let you log in.

2. unknown might check over ini files, check your port settings, wait for world to loaded up before login to server. or change your ports to 5998 and see if that helps.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:15 PM
OscarGrouch05
Sarnak

just a word of advice when they do all winks they left out 2 important steps
1. php-5.3.1 php setup and config settings i got from cavedude site 80)
2. apache_2.2.14-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
3. ActivePerl-5.10.1.1006-MSWin32-x86-291086.msi- i'm going to try running both perl's perl58.dll and perl510.dll don't forget to copy perl5.8.7.exe file and perl58.dll it should work on all clinet's now 80)

word of advice that don't make login server work so you can see the expanshion's that a whole new steps when i can reproduce what i did to get that working i'll post an update.

PEQ Editor Installation Guide for Dummies*
=============================
*This guide is in no way, shape, or form related to, or endorsed by the writers of other 'Dummies' books, nor am I calling you a dummy for using it... The name just sounded amusing
=============================
This guide assumes you already have MySQL and EQEmu Installed on your system. If you do not, please do that first.

-Install Apache 2.2.3 with all the default options. Set your server ip address to "localhost" without the quotes obviously.

When the installation is complete:
Click Start -> All Programs -> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.3 -> Control Apache Server -> Stop
this will stop the server from running.

-Install PHP 4.4.4 with a standard installation. I suggest using the default path of "C:\PHP" for the install directory. When Prompted, select "Apache" from the list of platforms. Ignore the message telling you that you need to manually configure apache... we know that already

-Once PHP4.4.4 is installed, browse to c:\php and create 2 new folders.
Folder 1 should be named "upload"
Folder 2 should be named "session"

-Create a new folder on your C: drive called "www"

-Extract the contents of the PEQ Editor 1.0 zip file to the new folder ('www')

-Click Start -> All Programs -> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.3 -> Configure Apache Server -> Edit the Apache httpd.conf Configuration File
If prompted to choose a program to open it with, select Wordpad (or notepad, but wordpad is usually easier to use).

At the top add the following (you may copy and paste it if you are lazy like me )

Code:

#PHP 4.4.4 config
ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/php/"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe"

Now hit CTRL-F to open the find window and type in: ServerName

Make sure the line found looks like this:

Code:

ServerName localhost:80

If not, change it so it does.

Scroll down about 6 lines to where it says "DocumentRoot", make sure that line looks like this:

Code:

DocumentRoot "C:/www"

if not... fix it

Scroll down about 10 lines and you will see something to the extent of this, but not word for word...

Code:

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

We want to replace it with the following:

Code:

<Directory />
Options All
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Just copy/paste that over top of the existing block... you need it to be exactly the same as what I wrote.
Scroll down about another 10 lines and you will find:

Code:

<Directory "C:/www">
#bunch of commented lines starting with #
Options (bunch of options)
#bunch more commented lines
and more junk here and so on
</Directory>

Just highlight everything from the <Directory "C:/www"> to the </Directory> making sure to highlight both of those lines as well and paste the following over top:

Code:

<Directory "C:/www">
Options All
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Doing that is somewhat redundant as far as apache is concerned, but in the event you ever mess around in .htaccess files or the config file later, you have less of a chance of screwing it up

-Now save the file and close wordpad.

-Browse to c:\php (where we installed php and made those 2 folders earlier)

-Open the file named "php.ini" using wordpad and hit CTRL-F to open the find window
Search for "session".

The highlighted line should say: session.save_path="C:\Documents and Settings\blahblahblah....\upload"
and the one above it should say something like: upload_tmp_dir="C:\Documents and Settings\blahblahblah....\session"

Anyone with 2 brain cells can see that someone at PHP pulled an oopsey when they set the default session folder to "upload" and vice versa. Although this won't actually make a difference in the performance of PHP/Apache it is somewhat amusing. Regardless, to keep things clean, we want to store our session data in the same folder as our php crap so change those 2 lines to:

Code:

upload_tmp_dir="c:/php/upload"
session.save_path="c:/php/session"

Now save the file, close wordpad.

Click Start -> All Programs -> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.3 -> Control Apache Server -> Start
This will restart the Apache Server

Click Start -> Run.
Type in "cmd" to open the command prompt window.
Type: cd\ (hit enter)
(any of you who actually typed (hit enter)... i really don't know how you made it this far lol)
you should now see: C:>
type: mysql -u root mysql -p
it will prompt you for your root password. this is whatever you set it as when you installed mysql.
once your password is accepted you will be in the mysql prompt, which looks like this: mysql>
Enter the following command

Code:

\. c:\www\sql\schema.sql

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM AN OLD
VERSION YOU DO NOT NEED TO RUN
THE NEXT COMMAND!!!
Only for those who are doing a fresh install of PEQ Editor 1.0...
Enter the following command:

Code:

\. c:\www\sql\allspells.sql

Thats it ladies and gents. Open up Firefox or whatever web browser you use... and type the following address into your address bar:

Code:

localhost/index.php

The username and password should already be set for you. Just submit and have fun editing!

-Aerewen
Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Oogbar
Fire Beetle

Ok, i got 2 little Q's to ask, involving the guide, and what OS was used in its creation... #1 for Vale; what OS are you running? #2 for those who succeeded in creating a server; What OS are you running? I am running Windows XP home addition, and when i get to the part of running the "Run" program, that brings up a text base command thing, and type in the things the guide says to type in 'I.E. ipconfig, cod\peq_db *not even cod works, CMD perhaps?*, \u pew *everything till this point is peQ, where'd the W come from?*' it just goes to the next line, tabbed over, like "Wtf? meh... /ignore command" ... Could this be a difference in OS's, somehow incorrect following of instructions *despite ocd*, or maybe my usual luck with ONLY my stuff doing things that are far beyond even impossibly messed up?