Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Sethisto
Fire Beetle

Default Constant Crashes on Zoning

I've been playing these emu servers for a while with a few other friends, primarily Irreverent for the solo thing.

One thing we all run into is a constant zone crash thing. Every time we zone its like a 30% chance we will have to restart the client, and sometimes it just straight up wont let anyone back in.

Getting 3 people across 4 zone lines tends to be a good hour long process :p

Is there anything we can do to fix this?
Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 PM
trevius
Developer

Do you have the same problem on all servers, or mainly just on Irreverent? If it is only on a certain server, then the admin of that server would have to look into resolving the issue and there is nothing we can do here to help you.

If you have the issue on all servers, the only thing I can recommend to you is to try upgrading from Titanium to the SoD or UF client. Titanium is much less stable than SoD or UF. Most people notice a huge improvement in client stability, and considerably less disconnects/crashes while zoning.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Sethisto
Fire Beetle

We are using Titanium actually! I guess we will give SoD a shot! thanks!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Let me know if this doesn't fix it, as I will assist where I can.

Another question, are you multi-boxing on a single computer? That also causes some problem for the EMU & client
Old 02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Rhyisa
Fire Beetle

I too have been getting crashes on Irreverent Server. Tried going to EZ server, works great, no crashes.

PM and I can give you all the stats of my computer. Though I suspect either it's sound or something else. =)
Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Bumping this thread because I'm having this issue on my server. Several people have claimed to be crashing while zoning and I have no idea what could be causing it.

I have plenty of bandwidth, 50 dynamic zones with a 3 hour shut down delay. In a week I get maybe 1 crashed zone.exe error. Everything is smooth on my end.

I'm looked through my logs and don't see anything that stands out besides some perl file errors. I've asked the affected players to report their crash times and zone just so I can put the times together within the logs.

Anyone have an idea what may be causing this? I've never had zoning issues. I play on the network, but not on the server box.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Demi-God

Best way would be to request their eqdir\logs\dbg.txt - make sure they get it immediately after the crash. This has all the information in that kind of situation on the client end.

From the server end you probably want to establish how long its taking for them zone to zone. There are timers that regulate the auth between zones and even ls->world and world->zones. If these are exceeded their auth may be thrown out as invalid and kick them out to server select. In any case getting log messages to see if they even connect to the next zone would be helpful and what process the zone is entailing for that client.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Xiao
Sarnak

#1 thing that helped kill zone crashes (and those crazy memory errors) for me was to go into options editor and turn off texture caching. Went from 10-50% chance to crash to just about 0% after I did that.