Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 04-24-2008, 06:11 AM
AiliaMorisato
Sarnak

Default Ailia&Bleh Spell Editor 2.0

Finally updated xml def and optimized format

http://theedgeserver.com/phpBB3/down...ab1cab47fa2123

Last edited by Secrets; 05-26-2010 at 05:28 PM..
Old 04-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

http://theedgeserver.com/se2.0.7z

Actual download. Was put in the dev section of our forums before, I got it out for you guys :P
Old 04-24-2008, 06:37 AM
trevius
Developer

Did I do something wrong? It seems like the drop down menus no longer have any listed in the drop down to select from. And they don't show anything accept numbers when they used to show names as well. Maybe it is because I extracted the new files over the existing ones to replace them?
Old 04-24-2008, 07:19 AM
AiliaMorisato
Sarnak

hehe, most likely ^^

config.xml was revamped completly to reflect changes to the exe, 2.0 is not compatible with the older files. it should still load any spells file properly
Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
teraphina
Fire Beetle

not sure how fesable this is but can you make a sort to sort out class spells?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
trevius
Developer

Here is the link to the previous version of the Spell Editor for reference. It might be useful to answer some questions:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24128

I am stickying this post as this is a very useful tool.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Xenezie
Fire Beetle

Sorry to semi-bump a 2 week old tread, but while trying to use this spell editor (Loading a spell file), I get the following errors.

1.) System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not fild the file 'C:\Program Files\Sony\EQEmu\titanium.xml

So I take the Titanium.xml file, and past it to the directory.

Following that I get

2.) System.Exception: Number of fields in spells file (202 fields) and format files (203 fields) do not match. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at Spelleditor.SpellFile.Load(String filename)

Any ideas?
Old 09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
trevius
Developer

Are you sure you are using an actual legal copy of titanium to attain that spells file from? The standard Titanium install comes with a 203 field spell file. You can use newer spell files with more fields and the program will just remove the extra fields, but I can understand why it wouldn't work if you don't have enough fields.

Also make sure that when you use the program you have the spells file in the directory that you installed the spell editor to.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Xenezie
Fire Beetle

Ahh, that's the problem, I opened the spell file out of the EQ directory - Thanks Trev.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Xenezie
Fire Beetle

Actually that didn't fix it.

Moved the spell file to the Spell Editor directory, still getting the System.Exception: Number of fields in spells file (202 fields) and format files (203 fields) do not match. Error. So most likly an old spell file, with a ton of custom spells I really don't want to re-add.

I am using a legal copy of EQ Titanuim (From Fileplanets Direct to Drive service), un-patached and all. It perhaps maybe an old spell file, but as far as I know the table hasn't changed at all.

*Shrug*

Thanks anyhow!
Old 09-16-2008, 06:32 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenezie View Post
Actually that didn't fix it.
I am using a legal copy of EQ Titanuim (From Fileplanets Direct to Drive service), un-patached and all.
You need the CDs. There is no legal download to get the correct version of Titanium needed for the emulator.

Since spell files only add fields to the far right of each line, you could do a pretty simple fix. Just import the spell file into Excel using ^ delimiters and then just select the first far right empty column and paste "0"s in the entire column to the last line in the spell file. Then simply save as a TAB delimited text file. Last, open your file with notepad or textpad (textpad rocks!) and do a "Replace All" and replace all TABs with ^, then save the file and you are all done. You now have a spell file with 203 lines :P

Oh ya, and make certain you are trying to use the spells_us.txt file and NOT the spells_en.txt file. The other file will not work at all and now that I think of it, I think it gives the exact error you have been getting :P
Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
derekj54
Fire Beetle

Does this allow you to create additional spells or would i have to change current ones?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:00 PM
trevius
Developer

This tool only allows you to edit current ones. But, you can manually create on by copying the last line in your spell file and then pasting it on the next line and changing the ID number to the next higher number. Then, you can use this tool to edit that spell.

But, the clients are limited to 9999 as the highest spell ID. So, you can't exceed that number. Also, if you are creating a spell that you want players to be able to use, you will need to give them a copy of your custom spell file so theirs will match yours.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
derekj54
Fire Beetle

i finished making about 400 spells starting at 8447 which was the end of the existing spells, it seems ingame it only recognizes up to 8460, if i #findspell 8461 it says its out of number range, can i increase the number range to the 9999 that you said? i really dont want to have to renumber all of them
Old 12-16-2008, 05:48 PM
trevius
Developer

You have to use the same spells_us.txt file on your server that you are using on the client. If they don't match, there will be issues. If you already have them both matching, then you must have another issue. Maybe you are missing some fields or something, or there is another issue with the new spells you made. There is no setting for changing how many spells the client can use. It is hard coded to max out at ID# 9999. Keep in mind that the limit is how how you can set your max spell ID, it is NOT the max number of spells it can have in the list. So, if some of your new spell ID numbers are over 9999 (even if you still have less than 10k spells in the file), they won't work.