Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 08-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Optix
Fire Beetle

Default [Queued] tells

I'm a C++ coder, but never really looked into emulator. I noticed that when you send tells and someones zoning it says "You tell Soandso, 'Soandso is not available at this time'." Something to those lines, anyway here's my intake on how to fix this.

A packet is sent to the server on ZoneTransfer requests, as well as another one on EnterZone. So my fix would be when you send the ZoneTransfer packet, then you are flagged as zoning and then once you send the EnterZone packet you are flagged as no longer zoning. Every time someone sends a tell there needs to be a flag check for if they are zoning or not, if they are you get the [queued] message along with your tell.

I don't know much about EQEmulators coding structure, but this was an idea I had and I assume it would work. I would be more than happy to write out a code (assuming it will work) and submit that if the developers are too busy or too lazy( ) to write it out themselves but let me know what you think or if you're working on another solution before I bother myself with this.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:20 AM
trevius
Developer

Well, I don't know how to code at all, and I can fumble around and at the very least, find what I am looking for in the source normally. So, if you know coding, you can probably figure it out fairly quickly. I think queued tells would be nice if you can figure out how to get them working. I am pretty sure no one else is working on this atm, so feel free to start something up

If you make any progress or have any questions, just go ahead and post and someone will hopefully be able to help out. It is hard to find good coders that are able to help and share their work on the emu. The ones that do most of the work seem to have limited time and focus on certain things that they pick to work on. So, if there is a chance you can handle this on your own, that is our best bet. We always welcome new coders openly

I wish I knew more about coding, cause I would certainly be an emu fixing machine lol. I am trying to learn a little here and there by example, but without formal training or someone to show me a few tips, it is hard to make much progress.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Optix
Fire Beetle

You might not want to hear this, but honestly in my opinion the best way you can teach yourself is by learning to code plugins for MQ2. You don't have to use them or release them, just code them. That way you learn C++ as well as learning about EQ's inner workings. Can also just look through MQ2's source as it is an open source project, see how things work and just bring it all together. I'll send you a PM with my IM sn if you ever want to ask any questions.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:05 AM
trevius
Developer

I think my time would be better spent working on emu source and learning as I go. I am pretty sure I would learn just as fast that way. Though, MQ source might be commented better.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:04 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

We had this in the code long ago. Not 100% sure why it was removed. I know I had it removed on any of my compiles because it had a nasty crash bug when too many tells were waiting.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server