Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:52 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

This is why Jaspen was throwing a hint, the problems just maybe deeper than you expect. If any changes you are making, have no effect, then something could very well be bugged in database, etc. Seen it happen many times. Even one little typo in the code or DB can screw a server right up. I've saw issues with people who have edited a single item, and the client kept crashing. Troubleshooting is a pita, since it could be a 100 different things.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:04 AM
jaspen
Hill Giant

There are several things going on here. First he mentions the standing HP regens. Those are normal and accurate to live. 2 base regen and plus 1 every 10 levels for non iksar and trolls. There isn't a problem there. I don't know if these can be modified or not. If they can be, there is a good chance it is in the source in which he has no option but to search, modify and build the source files. Knowing this is intended, you now know the specific things to search for or ask for. Feel free to check out discord.

Sitting regen I believe he has discovered and corrected after rebooting. You either disable the OOC regen or modify the three tables in zone to match the rate you want.

If there are major sync issues where the client health drops a good bit after selecting, that tells me there is a good chance he will have to rebuild from scratch. I have experienced this before. My client would drop about 900 hp after selecting myself.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:17 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Thank you for the help everyone.

I went back to a database I backed up a few days ago and the client/server are syncing correctly. One of the changes I made in the HP/Regen must have caused some sort of bug.

My server will have to be stuck with the non-classic (live-like) hp regen rates since I do not have the skill level to compile my own server and edit the source.

OOC regen doesn't exist in my database for PC's, only for NPC's.

I'm now afraid to mess with the HP/Regen fields, since they seem to corrupt the server =p

What a whirlwind this has been haha. Thank you guys for all of your help, I appreciate the support.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:33 AM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Sometimes what causes issues, isn't what you think is causing the issues. Often we change more things than we remember and assume it is the last thing we did. Also, when playing with the database you could have easily unintentionally change something that you are unaware of. Sometimes we forget to restart the server or use one of the many commands to reload changes and think a change we made did nothing.

Just back your database up, take a breather, then fool around in a control manner. Take notes of what you do and and test small changes at a time.
Ensure you do the proper process to reload the new changes. Don't let fear stop you from learning. We all fuck it up in the beginning and make a mess of everything.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:46 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspen View Post
We all fuck it up in the beginning and make a mess of everything.
Lol, in the beginning ? after 9 nine years, I'm still doing that before morning coffee

struggle - I know it's a pita when someone is trying to get that "classic" back into the EQ, many have been down this road over the years. Unfortunately, the current project source code will never go that route, by default, leaving it up to those who desire, to learn how to achieve those goals on their own. Some have spent 3-5 years looking for solutions, but could of used that time to learn and come up with their own. If you have the patience, anything is possible. Don't give up!
Old 09-19-2019, 02:37 PM
Thalix
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Lol, in the beginning ? after 9 nine years, I'm still doing that before morning coffee

struggle - I know it's a pita when someone is trying to get that "classic" back into the EQ, many have been down this road over the years. Unfortunately, the current project source code will never go that route, by default, leaving it up to those who desire, to learn how to achieve those goals on their own. Some have spent 3-5 years looking for solutions, but could of used that time to learn and come up with their own. If you have the patience, anything is possible. Don't give up!
I would say it is not that hard to change:
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...lient_mods.cpp

Code:
	bool sitting = IsSitting();
	bool feigned = GetFeigned();
	int level = GetLevel();
	bool bonus = GetPlayerRaceBit(GetBaseRace()) & RuleI(Character, BaseHPRegenBonusRaces);
	uint8 multiplier1 = bonus ? 2 : 1;
	int32 hp = 0;
	//these calculations should match up with the info from Monkly Business, which was last updated ~05/2008: http://www.monkly-business.net/index.php?pageid=abilities
	if (level < 51) {
		if (sitting) {
			if (level < 20) {
				hp += 2 * multiplier1;
			}
			else if (level < 50) {
				hp += 3 * multiplier1;
			}
			else {	//level == 50
				hp += 4 * multiplier1;
			}
		}
		else {	//feigned or standing
			hp += 1 * multiplier1;
		}
Old 09-19-2019, 04:29 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

base regen rate (all 3) are handled via the basedata.txt file in the client's Resource folder. You can edit the base_data table to change these values and export with export_client_files program and redistribute those.

Note: these only affect newer clients, older clients are hardcoded.

There are a few hardcoded behavior with regen that are hardcoded server side as well. (GoD era regen buff, racials)
Old 09-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugglegenerator View Post
I do not have the skill level to compile my own server and edit the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalix View Post
I would say it is not that hard to change:
But as he indicated above .....