Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:39 PM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Default Introduction myself

I might be too tired to see I apologize but I just couldn't find an intro section for new registered users.

A bit about me, I was born in California, grew up in California.
Lived in Flushing New York for a couple of years and came back!

I started Everquest when I moved to San Jose to go to college in August of 2000 and I remember a friend saying get Diablo 2 at Fry's Electronics, I couldn't understand him because at that time I had no interest in RPG's. In fact I hated them, I was more into Quakeworld and Counterstrike beta (1999-2000)

I went that day and I saw Everquest: Ruins of Kunark so I picked that up. I had no idea that would be my favorite game of ALL time to this day! And Diablo 2 was shoved to the side (laughs).

I played Everquest day and night for almost 2 solid years until 9/11/2001 happened and I ended up joining the United States Navy going to bootcamp February of 2002.

I had a 54 Disciple and a 52 Troubadour. Oh how I can go for HOURS talking stories about my times in Everquest.... and when Shadows of Luclin came out I was very upset! Overthere and East Commonlands were not the same anymore! Sigh...

I really loved the classic stuff, no AA's, no mounts, no crazy abilities or other confusing ideas just honest grinding and great guild raids!

Anyways, I heard about project1999 and I can't wait to hop on aboard! Watch out for train! Haha.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Welcome!

Your a local NorCal neighbor. I'm just 15 miles north of you!
I've got some navy buddies on my street. Two are retired, one just joined.
Wife's brother is ex marine, served two years in Iraq ist war.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

I remember those early EQ days, man that was fun. I camped trainer hill for hours waiting for the SBS. And when it finally dropped it was so worth it.

I remember camping the undead stones near EC tunnel. When ghouls would spawn we would have to ask for help. One time a 35 pally shows up with all bronze armor, man was he uber. <sigh> was like being in a different world.

Oh, and btw, welcome.

Last edited by revloc02c; 09-14-2011 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: forgot to welcome him