Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 05-19-2012, 01:44 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I know, I was saying I have updated my server to r2142 if anyone was looking for a server to run around and test on.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:29 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibroni View Post
ya i know what revision we are on. was checking if trev was still working on getting VoA more functional or if was on hold for awhile.
I haven't had much time to work on it lately. I think I have the fix for making AA purchasing functional to knock that one off of the list. I just haven't tested it yet.

I have been busy with a lot of things.... then Diablo 3 came out and it is pretty awesome lol. Probably not going to be working on much for the next few weeks or so :P

I still plan to work on VoA more as time permits, but I am in no rush since we don't have a static client available like we did from Steam. I am not excited about trying to chase Live at all. I was really hoping that we could get something functional enough that when Steam did get a new client available for EQ1, we would have a fully functional VoA client quicker than if no work had been started on it yet.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:47 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Yeah I think from the Diablo 3 release, many things will go on the back burner. Until the shiny wears off Diablo 3.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:56 PM
diriel
Fire Beetle

I may just take a look at the VoA client before long. Thing is, from what I have read, it may just be too much of a good thing. Then again, it is hard for me to imagine that SoE will continue to pump bags of cash into EQ1 now that it is Free To Play. Especially since Sony has been bleeding massive amounts of cash ... So who knows, maybe VoA will get to a "stable" point and essentially get put into Maint. Mode From the dev's point of view that might be nice.

Gotta say thanks to Trev for all his hard work! Him and the rest of the crew of course!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Chasing live may not be as painful now that EQ has gone F2P. Last night I got bored and took the live client(Build May 11 2012 16:15:10) and I was able to login to the emulator, create a character, and so forth. Given that it doesn't appear SOE is changing as much stuff from patch to patch. I know it has only been 2 months since EQ went F2P so it is still to early to know how often or even if SOE will change opcodes, structs and stuff like that but initially it looks like they may have slowed down on changing some of that stuff.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:45 AM
diriel
Fire Beetle

Like I said, with Sony hemmoraging Cash like it is going out of style, it is very hard to imagine them not putting EQ1 - F2P into Maint. Mode. They badly need a few Next Big Things... and face it EQ1 is mostly done for as far as that goes. Best they can hope to achieve is a slight proffit if they cut back drastically on developer expenditures.

Honestly, I hope they go more or less static. Then EQEMU can catch up and pass
Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

Is the work on VoA client ever going to start up again?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:46 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Trevius got Diablo fever, so not anytime soon. Feel free to start coding, my C++ mojo is just not there yet.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

I've started reading up but I'm no where near able to code this stuff yet. My question was just being curious.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:29 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

There's still the same problem as always, there's no stable version of the client available, only the current Live client.

Whenever Sony patches the Live client it'll stop working, and although it might be easy to fix in most cases, there's still the problem that every emulated server that wants to support that client would also need to update their source code to support it again. Some servers update a lot, some don't. You wouldn't be able to play on any with that client until they did.