Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Faza
Sarnak

haha, where the hell were you when i was spending 5 hours figuring all of that out?

i must suck at explaining what myself, no one could give me those answers

thank you just the same =)

i'll try excel; i didn't think of "255" showing up as *part* of a number, which was definitely a lazy move on my part

(what if i did a find/replace for ^255^ ? i would only have to worry about whatever spell was #255, right?)

do you happen to know a reference for formula lists? i'm mostly curious about min/max negative values: where the max is a greater distance from zero because the spell should progress toward negative infinity...will that compute, or would i just be using the wrong formula to describe the action?

oh and since you seem to be perfectly ahead of me: how can i give, say, clerics tracking? enchanters FD (the skill)? are skills hardcoded?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:41 AM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

Check out the "skill_caps" table in your database. you can simply add the class you wish to a skill and incert the appropriate level and cap and any class should be able to use any skill you setup this way. This can also be used to expand/extend current skills for classes such as making clerics dodge be able to go over 75. For a list of the class to class # chart, look at http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=ClassList

Skill chart can be found at http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=SkillList
Old 04-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Faza
Sarnak

very nice! thanks!