Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Jonathan5
Sarnak

I was really hyped to play this server, but then I came across this: http://www.pwnedemu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24 . What do you guys think about this?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan5 View Post
I was really hyped to play this server, but then I came across this: http://www.pwnedemu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24 . What do you guys think about this?
Both the server op and the guy who is flaming him is wrong.

Quote:
1. There isn't really any gear.
Yes there is, the gear that is in Angelox's. Which imo, is enough.

Quote:
2. You need a supercar to get to your corpse before it rots.
That's due to a fault with corpse expired times; correct.

Quote:
3. Daxum doesn't know how to fix bugs.
Fact made on logging in and asking him to fix a bug, and when he said he didn't want to he /q'd. Totally.

Quote:
4. The world is too large and hotzones too far apart to premote pvp.
With a playerbase, that would be incorrect.

Quote:
5. Some of the monsters have the ability to take you down in 1 blow.
Some. Not all.

Quote:
. Its race pvp, so everyone has to make a different race, or theres no pvp.
Who died and made you king?

Quote:
7. There is no cheating protection.
You would know.

Quote:
8. ANONYMOUS is being thrashed so it would be like finding a needle in a haystack trying to find some pvp.
Don't you have MQ2, and can bypass that?

Quote:
9. You can easily become a victim of corpse camping.
True, you can corpse camp. You could also corpse camp on pvp servers in basically any game.

Quote:
10. Money is hard to comeby, hard life being a caster, gotta get that money for those spells ya'll!.
Kill stuff, sell loot. Not entirely hard.

Quote:
11. About 3 different people play the server 4boxing. (fun!)
That's where I would get iffy.

Quote:
Hey peeps, you all know me. No need to introduce.
E-gangster.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

...and so my disdain for PVP'ers and jackasses alike trudges on. There's usually more drama around them than an old womans club.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
...and so my disdain for PVP'ers and jackasses alike trudges on. There's usually more drama around them than an old womans club.
I'm just a bit stressed lately is all. I shouldn't take it out on forums, you're right.

My apologies.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Jonathan5
Sarnak

It's really annoying how you classify PvPer's as jackasses, when frankly it's just not true. So please stop.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:43 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets
Both the server op and the guy who is flaming him is wrong.
Actually, I hadn't posted a reply until about 30 seconds ago, so I'm not sure how I was wrong, when I hadn't even posted back.

I'm sure that people won't agree with my response to him, but I really dislike rude people with agendas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsaint
3. Daxum doesn't know how to fix bugs.
Fact made on logging in and asking him to fix a bug, and when he said he didn't want to he /q'd. Totally.
I have never, and would never /q to avoid a situation (pvp or otherwise). Additionally, I don't recall that situation, at all. Beyond that, I've yet to tell anyone that I "didn't want to" fix any bug (I've said "we'll put it on the list", or "we're looking into it", or "I'm sorry but not having a spell scriber, corpse summoner and buff bots at every zoneline is not a bug", etc. I'm not sure if you got ahold of me while I was AFK (I work from home, and am online while working at times), or something along those lines, but I assure you that I wouldn't just bolt out to avoid you. I apologize about whatever happened to give you the wrong idea about me.

If you'd like to either PM me on our forums, or here, or petition, or send me a tell in game (again), then I'll be happy to address the issue with you.

Thanks,
Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 08-18-2007, 07:06 PM
beerbong
Sarnak

Default <3

Why can't we all just get a bong?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Ellie
Sarnak

Keep in mind two things-

The guy who made that post never played EQ live, hence a legit, classic server is going to seem a lot more difficult to him. For the rest of us, this server is actually much easier than EQ live at the Velious expansion.

Two, the complaints of the poster were made, not out of some generous move on the posters part to "warn" people how hard the game is, but out of spite for being told that he wasn't going to get an EZmode version of the server on request.

Ultimately it's all soap opera bullshit anyway. The fact of the matter is that the server has great potential for anyone who wants legit, classic pve content on a pvp server. But don't take my word for it, or anyone elses, log in and play for a few levels and see for yourself.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:50 AM
moydock
Discordant

<3 anni
/engage backstab hax
Old 08-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLieka View Post
Actually, I hadn't posted a reply until about 30 seconds ago, so I'm not sure how I was wrong, when I hadn't even posted back.

I'm sure that people won't agree with my response to him, but I really dislike rude people with agendas.

I have never, and would never /q to avoid a situation (pvp or otherwise). Additionally, I don't recall that situation, at all. Beyond that, I've yet to tell anyone that I "didn't want to" fix any bug (I've said "we'll put it on the list", or "we're looking into it", or "I'm sorry but not having a spell scriber, corpse summoner and buff bots at every zoneline is not a bug", etc. I'm not sure if you got ahold of me while I was AFK (I work from home, and am online while working at times), or something along those lines, but I assure you that I wouldn't just bolt out to avoid you. I apologize about whatever happened to give you the wrong idea about me.

If you'd like to either PM me on our forums, or here, or petition, or send me a tell in game (again), then I'll be happy to address the issue with you.

Thanks,
Dax
I apologize, I meant Warsaint /q'd when you said you wouldn't fix something. I in no way did mean to be offensive torwards you.

All of my posts here were flames torwards Warsaint; I support any and all servers, no matter how bad people say they are.

I'm in a terrible mood lately, I am so sorry...

That and there's a 5 minute timer on editing posts here for whatever reason.

Last edited by Secrets; 08-19-2007 at 01:37 PM..
Old 08-19-2007, 06:56 AM
TheLieka
Developer

=)

Aah, ok, I misinterpreted your post. I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't inadvertently missed a chance to help someone on my server.

We've been having a blast over here so far, I know I'm a bit biased, but I highly recommend anyone interested, to log in and give it a shot. Especially rather listening to a bored board troll that only attempts to derail a server to test the validity of his own dellusions of fame.

Beyond that, I'm an open book, if anyone has any questions about the server, my experience, goals, intentions, etc, please drop me a PM or send me a tell in game. I'm always happy to answer any question.

Thanks,
Daxum

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 AM
kylekuschel
Fire Beetle

Why not just make a guildwars clone? At least you know people will play it.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:31 PM
MrBlueberry
Fire Beetle

ya dax answered all my questions i need help with , enjoying the server so far
Old 08-19-2007, 05:56 PM
beerbong
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by moydock View Post
<3 anni
/engage backstab hax
haha, omg, good times.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:08 AM
JofaMang
Fire Beetle

I am loving the server, would also suggest that anyone who likes classic EQ, with a pvp risk thrown in, should log in and give it a shot.

Keep it awesome.