Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Server is online, if anyone could please try and connect it would be appreciated. I need to work out the kinks in this network.

Thank you
Old 07-23-2008, 06:50 AM
Rathora
Fire Beetle

I like a A work in progress so I just may need to give this a checkout.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I brought the server back online this morning after doing some quick maintenence. I can't tell how everyone is doing, but it looks like I have 12 new characters that have logged on... I just accesed the pc and saw that Zone had crashed, and I've never seen that before. I'll be taking a look at the logs later tonight to see what happened.

Thank you,
Old 07-26-2008, 03:20 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Things are going pretty smoothly so far. The server came down last night because I forgot I had automatic updates on and it rebooted :( got that fixed. I had to move max level back to 70 and it will probably stay there a while since thats not my main focus. I have done a little work on necro pets, and I'll be testing those changes out before touching the other pet classes. I also did an overall critical chance upgrade across the board, with warrior types and Berserker's having a greater chance to crit. If I get some time this weekend (I have company over) I hope to get a few merchants setup in POK with some starting gear and maybe some quests for unique items.

Let me know if you need any assistance, we're up to almost 30 characters now

Sayin Silverwolf
Old 07-28-2008, 07:34 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I took the server down last night to make some changes to the database. I'll probably be putting it back up tonight after I have that work done. There are so many changes going in that I didn't want anyone playing on it untill it was done... I'm adding some venders and buff bots to the PoK main bank so we can have some good gear with less effort, and make solo play a little easier. I'm also going to add a translocator and a quest guy that will hand out special gear after you complete his quests.

The first big opening night taught me some valuable lessons... One thing was the zone server only being set to 5 and none of us could zone I cranked the available zones up to 100 and I even added 25 Static zones (All the starting cities). I haven't seen a great deal of payback on running them static though, the speed that the emulator is able to open up a new zone and use it is impressive! I'll probably change some of the hot spots to static so it feels more real.

Thanks a lot to everyone that's been playing, and I appologize for the down time today. We have over 50 characters from around 30 acounts now, and it's been great seeing you all on there.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:11 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I had to shut the server down :( I was getting way to many crashes after the level roll back. I'll be running it in test at home for a while to get the kinks worked out. I'll likely be putting the server back out there but with some restrictions on items and levels :( I think the problems were from characters having items they probably shouldn't have, or the emulator didn't understand. I know I recieved a report from two people that their item icon looked like neclaces...

I'm working on some merchants and buff bots that should help people out by offering free levels and equipment, but the actual level command and summon command will have to be removed.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

Just a thought, have you added anything to the database and possibly skipped ID #s in the database? I know when I was adding NPCs for a quest on Krusher's server I skipped a number in the NPC database by accident and it sent the entire server screwy for a few minutes until I realized what I did.

Again, just a thought.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:59 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanileb View Post
Just a thought, have you added anything to the database and possibly skipped ID #s in the database? I know when I was adding NPCs for a quest on Krusher's server I skipped a number in the NPC database by accident and it sent the entire server screwy for a few minutes until I realized what I did.

Again, just a thought.
I think you're right... I did have some issues with some new spawns. For now I've wiped the server and have put the commands back on, from now on I'll be backing up the character tables so we wont hopefully need a wipe again. I still have some plans to add stuff, but im going to hold off for a couple weeks.

players will have access to the following commands
#heal
#mana
#zone
#goto
#level (max is 65)
#setallskills
#setaapts
#findspell
#scribespells
#itemsearch
#summonitem
Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 PM
krebulax
Fire Beetle

Is your server up? I dont see it on the list.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:28 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Yep we're online. Just took it down for a minute to make some adjustments.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
krebulax
Fire Beetle

Is there any chance you can add in the #zone command at all? Thats the only thing missing that would have been nice!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Yeah, I missed that last night :( i'll make the change now
Old 08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
krebulax
Fire Beetle

Thanks bro.

I did a stupid thing, and fell in western wastes, and died. There was some guy on there last night who ported me to get there, but wasnt there to get my body when I died.

I'll get it tonight.

Do you have an email addy I can email you at, at all? I have a few questions I'd like to ask you and not fill up this forum full of questions.

On a quick note. When I zoned into POK last night, and haild the NPCS, none of them responded. I went into POJ, and none of the tribunal guys would respond either.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Rabbi Dan
Fire Beetle

Why play on a server with default content that we've all played 100 times before where you don't have to earn levels or equipment?
Old 08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Thats simple... you don't have to. Now get the hell out of my thread.