Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:06 AM
Hateborne
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeryv View Post
I understand that you can just do a scribespell on it...but...

in the spells_new table, it shows that bards can use it at level 71. So why is the scroll saying BRD(255)? Why does it not say BRD(71)? No where in the spells_new (or in the spells_us.txt) does it show Bard 255. I even bumped up the server to MaxLevel of 85 and the spells still show (255) when you right click on them.

-Djeryv
First, get MQ2 when doing dev work. It gives you a TON more info to help you debug without needing to hunt through logs.

Second, make sure your client has the latest spell file. If you have made changes to your server, export the spells_new into a spells_us.txt file. If you have updated or added a new spell, but the client is using a default installed spellfile (or one that is MASSIVELY out of date) then it will default to 255 for everyone.

Third, you said in the spells_new table that the spell is level 71? Find the spell scroll item in your items table check the scrolltype field to ensure it has the same spell ID there. You may have placed an incorrect spell there (which may not be usable to bards, which explains the 255). Also, check the classes field (should be equal to 128 if bard only).

If you have done all of this, I'm positive it will be resolved.

-Hate