Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:14 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

Default LDoNs and whatnot

I have a question. Would it be possible to make a custom LDON and have it actually work? I don't believe I know about coding yet to try this myself but I was thinking you could make a couple of zones with terragen/openzone and whatnot, one for each level bracket, like have LDoN1 (just reference names) for 10-19 LDoN2 for 20-29 and so on and it just takes the average level of the group or the highest group members level. So say the average level equaled 18 then everyone in the party within a certain range of the quest giver would all be ported into that LDoN. Only problem I would see is making it so each group would have it's own version. I'm sure if I played around enough with coding and everything I could get a rough draft of a code up for some people to play around with, I don't have enough time today but this weekend I'll try to work on it. Do you guys think it would be possible to do something like this though?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM
x-scythe
Discordant

It would be yes.
You would use the quest system for this I believe, it wouldn't be hard at all.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:35 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

That part I know wouldn't be hard at all, just write a quest script where it ports them to said zone. I was wondering though how you would write a script where it generates an instance of the zone so other groups can't rain on your parade and start killing in the same "instance."
Old 07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
x-scythe
Discordant

I think you would have to have more than one of the same zone running on your server. So, depending on the size of your playerbase, you could end up having a lot of the same zones running. Unless you put in more than one ldon mission to spread out the playerbase a bit.
Or, so you don't have unneeded zones running if they aren't in use, set up a script to start the zone up if a new one is needed. I don't know how you would go about doing that though.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I actually have not seen zone instancing work yet. Is it really as simple as booting copies of the same zone name? For some reason, I didn't think that'd work. Color me skeptical.

If LDoNs worked, that would kick ass. A server could really support lower player populations if they had something more to do than kill repeatedly on orc highway.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

yea, was wondering if there is a way to set up a script where its like IF zonenamehere < 1player send to X zone server or something like that...again I wouldn't know how to set up a script like that though..wouldn't even know where to begin.