Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 PM
madborg
Banned

Thumbs down hello everyone - i am back!

well most of you probably dont know who i am but i was around in the early phases of eqemu and i am glad to see that the project is still alive. i see that lots of work has been done although i notice that some links for a few downloads dont work so i hope those projects are not lost.

i am still trying to catch up and hope to put together a system REAL SOON NOW. and just to show i am not icon phobic, i select one - i think it is my brain. could be yours.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:59 PM
saweb
Sarnak

Hehe, before I came here
I dont play EQ, i just feel the gfx is a bit . . err. .yeah, instead I focus all possible attention on [Focus]---> EQ2EMU <---[Focus]

Last edited by saweb; 07-12-2007 at 03:16 AM..
Old 07-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madborg View Post
well most of you probably dont know who i am but i was around in the early phases of eqemu and i am glad to see that the project is still alive. i see that lots of work has been done although i notice that some links for a few downloads dont work so i hope those projects are not lost.

i am still trying to catch up and hope to put together a system REAL SOON NOW. and just to show i am not icon phobic, i select one - i think it is my brain. could be yours.
Wow! that's a long time ago - I wonder if the Emu was even playable then?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 AM
madborg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
Wow! that's a long time ago - I wonder if the Emu was even playable then?
zones would load, and you could use gm commands to to create mobs and npcs, and fall through the earth. no falling through was not a gm command. mob movement was still to come and of course no combat. it was interesting to see how some of the rooms were marked with x,y and some other stuff.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:26 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Well, it's nice having you back again - always nice to see the "pioneers" back and still interested.
It's all very much playable now. I always thought EqEmu to be the "ultimate" emulator - Its had my full attention since I first saw it.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
it was interesting to see how some of the rooms were marked with x,y and some other stuff.
You mean like #zone to a zone, and be stuck in a little box with "goto x y z" scribed in crayon on the wall? Yeah, that still happens.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:40 PM
madborg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
Well, it's nice having you back again - always nice to see the "pioneers" back and still interested.
It's all very much playable now. I always thought EqEmu to be the "ultimate" emulator - Its had my full attention since I first saw it.
well i have a copy of the titanium edition and i am setting up my computers (ok two computers for right now) and then i am going through a nice doc i found and follow it step by step. after that i have no idea what i will do.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:42 PM
madborg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
You mean like #zone to a zone, and be stuck in a little box with "goto x y z" scribed in crayon on the wall? Yeah, that still happens.
ah yes the classics! you know that wasnt too bad cause the info you needed was already scrawled on the wall - until one day i found that a liar had given bad coordinates and i was stuck for eternity - which i think lasted until lunch time.

*added*

now as far as old timer goes, my first encounter with an eq emulator project was before eqemu. i believe it had one zone, no npcs, no mobs, no food, no water, no items, and no doors. it was such an eerie feeling.

Last edited by madborg; 07-13-2007 at 12:51 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 05:20 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Well, welcome back then
Old 07-13-2007, 08:50 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Quote:
ah yes the classics! you know that wasnt too bad cause the info you needed was already scrawled on the wall - until one day i found that a liar had given bad coordinates and i was stuck for eternity - which i think lasted until lunch time.

*added*

now as far as old timer goes, my first encounter with an eq emulator project was before eqemu. i believe it had one zone, no npcs, no mobs, no food, no water, no items, and no doors. it was such an eerie feeling.
hey stranger. Welcome back
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 07-17-2007, 09:17 PM
madborg
Banned

this weekend i installed titanium edition and logged into various servers. the first one i logged into was just as if i were on eqlive as far as npcs went. it was amazing. but on one server i kept getting 32k hits from falling every time i logged in - i remember that from long ago. i also notice that some npcs bob up and down. that also is an old issue. but overall, it was very nice to actually fight and loot and look around.