Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:40 PM
tzu-theory
Fire Beetle

Edit: Disregard, I was using the wrong DB password :embarrassed:
Old 10-07-2010, 08:02 PM
tzu-theory
Fire Beetle

Edit: Nevermind. Wouldn't you know, I figured this one out too
Old 10-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Phoenix_79
Fire Beetle

I was having trouble loading the database information but I was able to get it to load by including the full path after source in the mysql command editor.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 AM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Wonderful guide, thanks. I was cruising right along until I got to this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavren View Post
• Open Navicat lite
• double click on local
• right click on local, new database
• name the new database PEQ
• Now open a command prompt and go to the folder that has the peqdb_RevXXXX.sql you just extracted
• run this command
o mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD PEQ < peqdb_RevXXXX.sql
o mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD PEQ < load_player.sql
When I opened Navicat Lite there's nothing that says "local" to double click on. The Navicat I am using is: "Version 9.0.15 - lite (non-commercial)"
Please advise.

Other Thoughts:
There is a place to make a new connection, and I can choose MySQL (among others) with the following items (some of them pre-populated):
Connection Name:
Host Name/IP Address: localhost
Port: 3306
User Name: root
Password:
I could probably name the connection PEQ and use the password I put in when setting up MySQL. But I am unsure if that's is what kavren's instructions are trying to accomplish here. I also wonder if it is related to what is supposed to be typed in on the command prompt. Since I don't have a "local" to double-click on to see what happens I cannot speculate as to whether it is supposed to correlate with the command prompt entries.

If anyone can shed any light on this Navicat issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by revloc02c; 10-18-2010 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: make wording more clear
Old 10-20-2010, 09:55 AM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Thanks to a PM from Fulcrum to help me solve this.

Turns out I was on the right track, you have to create your own local connection.

Click: File > New Connection > MySQL

Name the Connection local (or whatever you want actually) put in the password you used for root when you set up MySQL. You can click the Test Connection button then click OK.

Now in the left-hand pane is the connection you created, right-click it, choose New Database, name it PEQ, and etc...
Old 10-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Sargas
Fire Beetle

I've been trying for awhile now to set up my own EQ server and i still cant get it. Right now I am stuck at "Build: 1 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped" and i think i know why.

Every time i try to compile http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/ into a folder on my hard drive using TortoiseSVN the operation fails. Every time (like 6 attempts) the same thing happens: after about 30-40 minutes and about 43 mbytes of transfered info (and i have a fast connection...) Tortoise reads an error:

REPORT of '/svn/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body:connection was closed by server (http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com)

I'd really appreciate any suggestions.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

When svn has completed dowloading the source, it will have a meesage at the end stating

Completed: At Revision ####

Once you have some of the files, if you are getting kicked out of the download, just right click the svn folder of your source, ex: c:\projecteqemu, and select:

SVN UPDATE...It should continue where it left off..When you get the Completed message you have the source..
Old 11-06-2010, 10:42 PM
roundersriot
Fire Beetle

Ran into issue after I got everything up and running; server shows up on the Server Select screen, then I try to log on and it wont go in. I went to server and checked and I am getting the message:

Account Attempting to be created:roundersriot 20

Error in CreateAccount query 'INSERT INTO account SET name='roundersriot', status=20, lsaccount_id=144589, time_creation=UNIX_TIMESTAMP();' #1054: Unknown column 'time_creation' in 'field list'

[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENTLIST_ERR] Error adding local account for LS login: 'roundersriot', duplicate name?

[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] NOCLE: Bad/Expired session key '144589'

I tried going through instructions twice with recompiling and redoing all files and got same thing both times. Any ideas?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:42 AM
roundersriot
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargas View Post
I've been trying for awhile now to set up my own EQ server and i still cant get it. Right now I am stuck at "Build: 1 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped" and i think i know why.
I got this error the first time I tried to do the build, hopefully you did the same thing I did. When you get to this part of directions for setting up C++:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavren View Post
• Using Microsoft Visual C+(+) 2008 Express Edition, from the menu bar select:
• 'Tools/Options/Projects and Solutions/VC+(+) directories' and add the following directories using the dropdown "Show directories for" box:
• Include files: C:\mysql\include
• Include files: C:\perl\lib\CORE
• Include files: C:\zlib\include
• Library files: C:\mysql\lib\opt
• Library files: C:\perl\lib\CORE
• Library files: C:\zlib\lib
• use the "New Line (Ctrl-Insert)" to add the above directories in the appropriate section.
Make sure you put the files in the appropriate sections meaning put the "Include files" in the Include section and the "Library Files" in the library section. The first time I did the compile I kinda rushed through this and missed that. Hope this helps you Sargas.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Chanus
Hill Giant

If one were to set up a server for personal dink-around-age, rather than to try and put something up for tons of people to play, would this setup work on Windows XP/Vista/7, or does it have to be a server OS?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Debacle
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus View Post
If one were to set up a server for personal dink-around-age, rather than to try and put something up for tons of people to play, would this setup work on Windows XP/Vista/7, or does it have to be a server OS?
It will work on XP, I've set up a few servers to goof around on in XP.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Chanus
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debacle View Post
It will work on XP, I've set up a few servers to goof around on in XP.
Cool beans.

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Oaric
Sarnak

So im trying to make my own server and am stuck on the whole make the new DB thing with navicat. Everytime i right clcik i can't click create database,and my connection keeps failing,any ideas?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Oaric
Sarnak

Well I fixed my mySQL problem,and now theres a new one.

Now open a command prompt and go to the folder that has the peqdb_RevXXXX.sql you just extracted
• run this command
o mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD PEQ < peqdb_RevXXXX.sql
o mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD PEQ < load_player.sql

Keeps saying " The system cannot find the file specified." can anyone help me out or atleast give me a 100% retard break down step by step so i can figure this out? lol
Old 11-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Chanus
Hill Giant

Start in CMD and change directory to where those files are stored then run mysql and those command lines.