Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Mentole
Sarnak

Default HeidiSQL help

Well trying this guide http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ but I am having trouble with this part:

"11) Setting up the world server. Here's the sql file to make the world server entry.
INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` (`ServerID`, `ServerLongName`, `ServerTagDescription`, `ServerShortName`, `ServerListTypeID`, `ServerLastLoginDate`, `ServerLastIPAddr`, `ServerAdminID`, `Note`) VALUES ('1', 'NameOfServer', 'ServerTagDescription', 'ShortNameOfServer', '2', NULL, NULL, '1', NULL);

Edit after VALUES, the following:
NameOfServer is the actual name of the server.
ShortNameOfServer is the shortname for client files in your game directory (i.e. UI_Soandso_ShortNameOfServer.ini).
ServerTagDescription is what you will see in parenthesis after the server's name - i.e. NameOfServer(Come and have fun!)
The number 2 signifies what kind of server it is. 1 = Legends, 2 = Preferred, 3 = Standard. "

Everytime I try to install it to HeidiSQL I get this error

"SQL Error (1364): Field 'ServerTrusted' doesn't have a default value"

Can anyone help me with this please? Not even sure if I am doing it right this part of the guide is real vague on these instructions.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:21 PM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

I got the same error. As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to affect the server. I'm not totally sure if you can fully ignore the error but I don't think it has caused me any problems.

Yeah, the guide is somewhat vague in places. I was often confused as to what folder a particular file was supposed to go in. I used this guide: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows and even though it's older, it's easy to follow and I can vouch that it works. The only part you might not like is that it uses Minilogin instead of the EQEmuLogin. I could not get the EQEmulogin Server to work properly. Minilogin does work but it can be fickle at times.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Mentole
Sarnak

yeah I just tried that one. I got as far as the server and world running, than crashed as soon as I tried to load the server from the server select screen., and eq didn't crash just went back to the login screen, so there was a problem with my server.

Well back to square one for the 10th time in 4 days.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:18 PM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

I'm in the same boat as you. I did have a perfectly working server though...then all I did was try to log onto my LAN server with a laptop and somehow it borked the server for all my computers...heh. I'm not sure how that worked, but it...it happened. I surely won't try that again. I know it was caused somehow by Minilogin.

I am about to start from the beginning as well. I uninstalled everything, even EQ itself, hoping to get things working the way they were initially. It sounds logical that if I start fresh and do exactly what I did before to make it work, then it should. However, with the way things have been going, I just don't know anymore...heh.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Mentole
Sarnak

Well FINALLY got a good working install, using minilogin, now is there any way to edit my char out there so I can get my stats back to where they were when I stopped playing EQ?
Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 PM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

You mean your same level/gear/etc.? Well, you can use GM commands to fix your level and search/summon items from the database. http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...kka=GMCommands
Old 06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Mentole
Sarnak

Thanks, I appriciate it!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Mentole
Sarnak

well now I have another problem. I can log in and play from the server computer, but when I try to play from another computer on the network it lets me log in but won't load the world server.

any ideas
Old 06-12-2010, 10:58 PM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

If you're using Minilogin, it tracks accounts by IP, not login info. So it thinks the same person is logging in twice. That is probably what is wrong. I think there is a way to make Minilogin work on a LAN though. Go to the Minilogin section of the forums and one of the stickies has a good .ini and .xml setup that should help your cause.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Mentole
Sarnak

no I tried it when the other computer wasn't logged in to the EQ server as well, or does that even matter?

There server says something about unknown EqApplication packet.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:26 PM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

I'm not sure what that error means.

My experience with Minilogin has been that it works fine as long as you don't do anything wrong to it...then it gets funky, possibly permanently. I too logged into my server on a laptop while the other PC was not on, and it borked everything. It began kicking me back to the login screen on every computer, even the one that previously worked.

If you haven't figured things out yet, I'd recommend using the eqemu login site. That way you don't have to worry about setting up a login server. I just switched to it last night and it is so nice to have no problems finally...lol.

You can lock your server and only accounts with 100+ status can log in to it. I don't know if there are other ways to make your server "private" but this way works fine. Then you can open it up to everyone later if you want to.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Mentole
Sarnak

Eqemu login sight how does that work? I have logged in to the servers and such a few times, but that is all.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:44 PM
ChessyCats
Sarnak

Your eqemu_config.xml file should look like this, filled out with your info: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...rConfiguration

Your eqhost.txt file in your EQ directory should have this in it: Host=eqemulator.net:5998

All you have to do is get your server working, which is the easy part. It's usually login issues that plagued me, but this works great.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Mentole
Sarnak

may do that anyway, my char is now stuck in the commandlands trying to do an endless zone into nectulous which doesn't seem to be there for some reason
Old 06-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Mentole
Sarnak

Exactly how does this server work, if you aren't running a server, how do you use the xml file? Not sure how to do it. New to all this stuff.