Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-02-2008, 02:54 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Default Zone crashing

Any tips for tracking down what is making them crash. I would realy like to have stable zones lol. 20 crashs in 24 hours is just to much well 1 is to much but less would be great XD.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:05 AM
trevius
Developer

You need to give much more information than that if possible. Maybe read through some of your logs, or check with your players about when the zone crashed and what might have been going on. There are many causes for frequent zone crashes.

Some zone crash causes are:
1. Server stats are too low to handle the server populatio
2. Zone is under heavy use by multiple players at once
3. Someone is AEing in the zone causing the zone to overload
4. Your players have items with Unknown focus effects. This is normally the case with newer items that were released after Titanium.
5. You have the bard Sionachie's Crescendo bug and everytime the bard with that AA tries to log on, it causes a zone crash (search forums for resolution)

Well, that is most of the reasons I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure there are other fairly common ones though. This should get you to a nice start. I am guessing the problem is the server stats can't handle the load, or your players are AEing, or both.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:25 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

most noted crashs are when players enter a zone and during pvp also players report crashing from npcs carrying a bag in one hand.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:38 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

in my log files zone errors are no book to send and a null object was passed to client::attack() for evaluation there was also a cupple handlepacket() opcode error: unexpected packet during client_connecting: opcode:OP_bazaarsearch & OP_unknown & OP_inspectanswer also inventory::_putitem: invalid slot_id. one if not all of the errors must be making it crash. the server is more then able to handle the load usualy use low to no cpu and like 1gig ram of 2gig+ 10 gig pagefile.