Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-28-2004, 02:14 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

if he would of simply followed any of the numerous stickied walk throughs on setting up servers the answer would of been plain as day.

Not to mention the important ones are linked to directly from the eqemulator.net web-site
Old 05-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Lm2004
Sarnak

Sorry to all you, but thanks for the help those who did, im not very good at searching, so i was unable to find what i needed, the lesson for Wize_one and Soto is, if you are able to search well, then just do a search and help and dont be an ass hole, if someone needs help dont post shit just for post count, no one gives a shit what you think if u keep posting useless crap, thank you everyone, if you helped or not.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:41 AM
wize_one
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm2004
Sorry to all you, but thanks for the help those who did, im not very good at searching, so i was unable to find what i needed, the lesson for Wize_one and Soto is, if you are able to search well, then just do a search and help and dont be an ass hole, if someone needs help dont post shit just for post count, no one gives a shit what you think if u keep posting useless crap, thank you everyone, if you helped or not.

5th post had your answer in it but you didnt fucking read.. so for that you kept getting shit on.. learn to use the web, learn to read then do the same again.. untill you master reading and useing a search tool, gawd i can just see the how do i install mysql how do i get a database.. how do i how do i ....

/em runs away screaming......................................... ...............
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Lm2004
Sarnak

christ, you dont have to be an ass hole all the time, try helping for once, im still new to this and no one needs your negative shit, ive looked but everything i find has nothing to do with what i need.
So lay off and actualy help, that is what the forum is for am i right?
Old 05-28-2004, 02:13 PM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Running an EQEmu server is NOT a plug-and-play thing. I have been reading these boards several times a week for the last 8 months (Very much newbie here :lol: ) and still find many things out that I never knew before. If you have the patience to search and read, and read ALOT, then you will begin to understand how this thing works. A person doesn't go to a linux website and bitch because no one answers his question on compiling sourcecode. You just research and figure it out. If it is a question 99/100 times it has already been answered before.

edit- for my sUx0r spelling
Old 05-28-2004, 05:38 PM
wize_one
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lm2004
christ, you dont have to be an ass hole all the time, try helping for once, im still new to this and no one needs your negative shit, ive looked but everything i find has nothing to do with what i need.
does this look like something you may have over looked in the 5th post to this message?.. gawd even after i pointed out what message it was in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wize_One
try doing c:\eqemu\world.exe /?
wow, i did the help line that was given and got this back:
d:\eqemu\emu\world.exe /?
[Status] Using database '57dr2' at localhost
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.7-DR3
Worldserver command line commands:
adduser username password flag - adds a user account
flag username flag - sets GM flag on the account
startzone zoneshortname - sets the starting zone
-holdzones - reboots lost zones

so i guess that tells me i shoud do:
d:\eqemu\emu\world.exe flag accountname 255
to set the account as a server op..

now that it has been typed out plain and clear in english for you. have a nice day. dont expect anymore help.
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:50 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

**** ATTENTION ****

**** MORON ****

This is like the 4th message saying the same god damn thing. READ THE FUKING STICKY MESSAGES IN TUTORIALS. That will answer this question.

thats all.

thank you, come again.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:19 AM
Lm2004
Sarnak

Ok this post is over, and wize, i dont have that version, when i run world.exe it doesnt give me messages, it only displays what it starts running, everything has a [status] in front of it, but thanks for you help. was that so hard? took all that time just to help?

Thank you everyone for posting useful posts, soto, thanks for being a pain in the ass.

dont bother replying to this, im done reading this post.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:28 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

LM2004 you are truly an idiot, the version you are running has nothing to do with the command line options, I seriously hope you can't manage to get a server running, can you just go back to Live so you don't have to worry about any of this?
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 05-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Lm2004
Sarnak

Im sorry, but i will admit i am a little slow, i just figured out what he meant =/ sorry all for my stupidity, but im getting frustrated when i get farther and farther, and then i hit a roadblock, like everyday for the past two weeks i have been working on this, thanks to those that help, and sorry again, but please, next time, if you know the answer just help, some people have trouble finding everything from the stickies, ive looked all around and i couldnt find anything, because i didnt know what to look for, so i had to resort to posting =/

sorry that this post attracted so much negative attention, but when someone needs help and you know what to do, just help them, you will go alot farther in life.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:48 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

Actually we are trying to teach people to help themselves. I admit, its better not to post at all than to post "use search". But if nobody answers your question then one of two things will inevitably happen:

1. You will be forced to find the answer on your own.

or

2. You will give up and go back to Live or just play on other peoples servers.

Either option is good in my opinion. I can't speak for everyone but if you can't use Search or browse through the different forums reading stickies and old posts then I don't want you running a server. Why? Because running a server is not easy, it involves alot of work and maintenance and if you can't do these basic things then you will not be able to run a server either. This is nothing personal against you, we are just trying to help you help yourself. I hope I explained that well enough.
The First Age Website

Running on: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD Athlon XP 2100+, Geil 1024MB PC3200 Ultra DDR RAM,
WD 40GB 7200rpm ATA-100 HDD, Visiontek 128MB Geforce4 TI 4400, Windows XP Pro SP2
Old 05-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Cans
Sarnak

Default It's not his fault..

Really guys, it's not his fault.

We were all new at some point and most of us still have yet uncover half of what eqemu has to offer, either talking about running a server, or simply playing.

Eventually, everyone who is new will realize that this forum has been around long enough that most every question has been answered and that sometimes searching through those 1607 search posts has to be done.

Pretty much, if you don't like reading, you should just play Live or EQEmu until you like reading, lol.

I hate that flag command because I always forget it and I know whenever I do a search for it, i can't find it and the tutorial commands didn't work for me. So I went to mIRC and asked around in there, or I simply did it via EQAdmin instead of posting.

Moral of this post: Just lay off the newbs a little bit - because that's what they are..newbs. You can't expect them to know everything right off the bat. At first glance, this whole project is confusing as hell if you don't know what's going on or if you don't know anything about DOS, linux, or whatever. But he's here to learn it and try to be apart of the project, being someone who is beneficial to the environment. But in order to get there, he needs to learn a few things. Why don't we just help him?

With that being said .. you will find that Search is your friend in most situations, Lm.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:25 AM
Lm2004
Sarnak

Thank you 2, and yes i am new, all my post counts are from this thread =/ thanks for all help =)
Old 05-29-2004, 01:13 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Default Re: It's not his fault..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythan
Really guys, it's not his fault.

We were all new at some point and most of us still have yet uncover half of what eqemu has to offer, either talking about running a server, or simply playing.
Yes, but the difference is, when I didn't know how to do something, I searched for it. Two reasons:

1) Why have a message board if no one learns from what is posted?

2) It takes too damn long to get a response to a relatively simple question.(not an insult, just sometimes you need the answer NOW and not when a helper stumbles across it)
Old 05-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Lm2004
Sarnak

What, i dont expect it now, i ask a question cuz i dono how to find the answer, i wait if i have to...