Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

Default NPC right click interaction not working + Combat skills

Greetings,

Running Linux server, PEQ DB 10-11-14, git eqemu ~ 10/13/14

When I right click on mercenary "vendors?" to get a mercenary, nothing happens. I do have them enabled. I saw another thread where someone re-sourced part of their database to fix this, but I would like to understand what is broken.

When I right click on guild masters for my class nothing happens and a few moments later the client goes LD and crashes.

Also, unrelated to NPCs, but Duel Wield and Double Attack do not seem to work. If I make a warrior, #setxp them to say level 20, then give them DW, Double Attack, Dodge and Parry skill of 100 - the character never uses any of them. Increasing to level 40, 60, 65, and 70 with an appropriate raise in skill level made no difference. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks
Old 10-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Uleat
Developer

Are you sourcing old schema and data into a new database?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

Not intentionally. I sourced my original db from PEQ 9-25-14, then yesterday I ran drop_system.sql and sourced from PEQ 10-11-14. The problem has existed since I first got the server running though.

I can restart with a clean database if you think I inadvertently sourced an incorrect file. (Or even just to rule it out).
Old 10-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Uleat
Developer

I think that would only apply if you were sourcing in out-dated patches or data from a previous and incompatible database...

I'm on windows and not sure that I can replicate your issue if it's not a server code issue..I'll see what I can do, though (got a little list of things to do now :P )

Keep an ear out for other Linux admins with similar issues, though.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

So I sourced a fresh completely new database from the PEQ 10-11 download.

Specifically I sourced, in this order:

peqbeta_*.sql
player_*.sql
load_login.sql
source_views.sql

I updated two login tables to include the information to login.

I then started everything, when I got to world I got some messages that didn't seem to stop the server from starting but here goes:

[Status] Using database 'eq1' at 127.0.0.1:3306
Unable to clear group leaders: #1146: Table 'eq1.group_leaders' doesn't exist
Unable to clear groups: #1146: Table 'eq1.group_id' doesn't exist
Unable to clear raids: #1146: Table 'eq1.raid_members' doesn't exist
Unable to clear raid details: #1146: Table 'eq1.raid_details' doesn't exist
[Error] EQLConfig::LoadSettings: #1146: Table 'eq1.launcher_zones' doesn't exist
[Error] EQLConfig::LoadSettings: #1146: Table 'eq1.launcher_zones' doesn't exist
[Error] Error in AdventureManager:::GetLeaderboardInfo: SELECT ch.name, ch.id, adv_stats.* FROM adventure_stats AS adv_stats LEFT JOIN `character_data` AS ch ON adv_stats.player_id = ch.id; (#1146: Table 'eq1.adventure_stats' doesn't exist)

---

After this I logged in with a client, saw my server as UP. When selecting that server and loading the characters (before character select) the client just hung with no further messages.

For s* n grins I sourced drop_system.sql and re-sourced peqbeta*.sql and still get a message about missing tables.

Thanks for your attention and help Uleat.

edit: another person with the same issue several months ago: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38433 (no resolution in thread)
Old 10-15-2014, 01:32 PM
dpjaf4t
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
So I sourced a fresh completely new database from the PEQ 10-11 download.

Specifically I sourced, in this order:

peqbeta_*.sql
player_*.sql
load_login.sql
source_views.sql
I think the player_tables from 10-11-2014 may be incomplete ... looks to be a duplicate of data_tables instead. Maybe if you source from 9-25-2014, include all the updates from EQEMU git, then source peqbeta and source_views from 10-11-2014?
Old 10-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

Thanks. I'm in the process of swiping the db from Akka's repack for windows in the hopes of having one complete solid DB to see if the problems persist.

Our of curiosity, on several threads I have seen mention of applying all the right files to source the database. I did not see anything on wiki as to how one knows what files to apply? Based on several installation wiki's it seems like it is just a matter of applying the PEQ database scripts, but now I question that.

Is there some tribal knowledge we could get into a wiki that describes how to properly source a new database? Perhaps the article could refer to a readme file that gets updated as part of ongoing development so the wiki is never hopefully out of date. Forgive me if I overlooked it, the wiki topics are kind of organic and sometimes obvious things are not obvious to new comers.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

Okay, I sourced a new database from Akka's repack. The only failure I had was the banned_ips table was being queried as "Banned_IPs" and the table existed in lower_case only. I re-created that table with the case-sensitive name and it loaded up fine.

In this db, skills like DW, Dodge, and Double Attack were working after giving the character an initial point. This makes me wonder if something I changed in rule_values broke them because I had previously set the Character:SkillUpModifier to 1500. (*edit turned out this had no effect, after increasing it those skills still work fine)

Mercenaries do not work after enabling them.
Right clicking a guildmaster still crashes the client.

Nothing is showing up in the logs for this event.

Last edited by Fluff; 10-15-2014 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: * more detail
Old 10-15-2014, 04:00 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Make sure the Mercenary merchants are set to class 71.

I get mercenary purchase window after making this change but I still can't purchase mercenaries. Haven't checked to see if I have the crash issue. Will report back later.