Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
gaeorn
Developer

cavedude is back. I have just barely started speaking to him. I'm sure he will post an update when there is more information available.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Mghargh
Fire Beetle

Now, Y'all lay off of them for at Least a few hours & give CD a chance to look it over.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:17 PM
KLS
Administrator

Yeah he's back, thankfully, I didn't want to have to deal with merging characters from a temp server anyway.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Ellyeni
Fire Beetle

no news ? :(

Proud member of Spirit of Dynasty a PEQ guild
Old 09-03-2010, 07:46 AM
KLS
Administrator

We're working on getting the data off the old server. Basically only thing holding us back atm.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Ellyeni
Fire Beetle

Ok - Thanks for the update KLS

Proud member of Spirit of Dynasty a PEQ guild
Old 09-03-2010, 08:54 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

As KLS said, we are just waiting for old PEQ to come back up to get the data off. I don't have an ETA, and neither does FNW. It's completely and totally up to the host at this point.

Once the machine is back up, it'll no longer be used as our game or web server. Gaeorn and KLS helped me out a ton and worked out a plan where the web and game servers will be on two separate hosts. The game server will be hosted by Rogean (Many thanks to him!), and the rest will be hosted where we will be moving our entire operation once we get enough donations. (The current hardware is fine for a web server, but cannot handle a game server.) Geaorn and KLS already put a lot of the pieces into place, and were just waiting on me to finalize some minor stuff, and purchase the new domain. Once old PEQ is back up that's when my work starts. I'll grab all the data, and merge it into our new hosts. I'll probably do the web server first, then the game server as the game server has come to depend on some of the web functions we have.

The new website will be:

http://peqtgc.com

That domain is owned by me, so I have full control over it.

peqtgc.net and peqtgc.org also redirect to the peqtgc.com. (Thanks to Gaeorn for purchasing those two domains! Somebody send him a donation to cover that, please. I believe it should be around $40.) I'll see if I can get projecteq.net forwarded to peqtgc.com, but if not, I'll just replace the index.php on old PEQ with a redirect. The new login will probably be login.peqtgc.com, but that hasn't been setup yet, and won't be until we are ready to move forward with the game server (again, need old PEQ's data.)

As for the old PEQ, if it stays up it may get used as a secondary test server, where KLS can conduct inhumane experiments to see how much EQEmu can take. We may also use it for events and the like occasionally.

There will be no temporary server at this point. I don't see the point in wasting time working on a temporary solution, especially when that will just create more work when old PEQ comes back up and it's being split over the two hosts.

Sorry for the delay in the update, I got held up an extra day and spent the day yesterday getting caught up/working things out.

Last edited by cavedude; 09-03-2010 at 09:21 AM..
Old 09-03-2010, 09:37 AM
wheeljack
Fire Beetle

Ya know, this is the difference between PEQ and live: If this were live, people would be demanding a triple xp weekend once it was back up.

</plantSeed>
Old 09-03-2010, 10:14 AM
VoodooChild
Fire Beetle

Sounds like a winner, Cavedude. Looking forward to playing on the new setup.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:58 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
The new website will be:

http://peqtgc.com

That domain is owned by me, so I have full control over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peqtgc.com
This is peqtgc.com. It's like projecteq.net except you know, not down.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Maladien
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the update cd. Hope your trip went well and welcome back

And a big Thank You to Rogean, KLS, and Gaeorn for their help with PEQ.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
whoday
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the update and your work on this. It has saddened me to see some of the posts here. I hope you don't take it to heart. I have tried to read all (although some of it is drivel) but haven't seen anything about how close you are to reaching your donation goal. I will be doing so within the next week. All the Skj alts will be glad to be back home once things are up and running. Thanks again.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Eastwood
Fire Beetle

Sounds very good,

I'm excited about the server coming back up!

Long live PEQ and thanks to all those who are helping and working with it.

This is Cantdrop.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:51 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post

peqtgc.net and peqtgc.org also redirect to the peqtgc.com. (Thanks to Gaeorn for purchasing those two domains! Somebody send him a donation to cover that, please. I believe it should be around $40.) ...
It was closer to $25 and there is no need to give me anything for it. If you were considering doing so, put that into the pot for the new servers for PEQ.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:42 PM
sorvani
Dragon

I got some time in on Titan testing out a couple different 6 man teams. think i'll be rolling a couple new guys to change my team once it's back up