Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Uleat
Developer

Default Bots Auto-Updater Option

I spoke with Akkadius and it appears agreeable to implement an auto-updater option for bots.

I'll see what I can do to get this working over the next few days and see where it takes me (my perl is a little non-existent...)

I've gotten private messages from several people over the past months and have a lot of information on what needs to be updated.

As well, I did a 'bots' search of the forums and found a lot there as well.

I'm going to have to compile all of the information and determine what actually needs to be applied, and hopefully, something will come of it.

Someone mentioned using the peq load_bots.sql over the git repo one.

I updated that script myself and believe the git repo is actually ahead of the peq one.

PEQ db dump uses `character_` as a reference (pre-profile update)

EQEmu git repo uses `character_data` as a reference

I should be able to discriminate between the peq and eqemu load_bots scripts and have the update script apply the appropriate changes.

I will probably set up the methodology to allow the initial bots tables load when this option is selected.

It will, of course, recognize existing tables and will not overwrite existing tables..unless an update requires it.

If you have information on known bots database schema problems, please post them here and I'll review it to see if it's on the agenda yet.

I'll try not to wreck existing bots implementations with any of this..so, expedient feedback will be needed.

Thanks!

Uleat

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 09-21-2015 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: qualified problems...

Tags
bots, load_bots, script, update