Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:40 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

Default Imperium Server

The Imperium server is designed for the solo adventurer. With a 2 box limit and scrupulous attention to balance, content remains fair and challenging from beginning to end. Server progression extends from tutorial through Gates of Discord with virtually no bugs and a new approach at unlocking expansions. Our custom content is fun and engaging and will keep you busy for months, with more on the way. All items and enemies have been tweaked, and raids tuned for solo play.

This is a family friendly server, profanity in /ooc and offensive names are not welcome here. Many of our members have children that also play with them and we respect and encourage that.

Server Aspects:

Hardcore Mode: Automated features are turned off. This means no auto learning skills or spells at level up. No access to bot's and when you die, that character is done he'll need to be deleted. You get one shot, how far can you make it?

Treasure Goblins: These NPC's have a chance to spawn off any defeated even con or higher foe. If you're able to defeat one before he gates back to the Plane of Greed you will reap the rewards.

Daily Tasks: You can pick-up daily tasks in our hub zone the Guild Lobby. Or perhaps you'd rather relax and go on a scenic fishing trip to help either The Fisher King or the Fish Monger win the contest of the day. Either way they'll help keep your purse busting with Platinum.

Heroes Forge Armor and various Weapon Ornaments: These Ornaments can be purchased in the Guild Lobby. To give you character a more unique appearance.

Unique Quests: Feeling a little more nostalgic? Try your hand at completing the Tailor's Compendium quest line to get your hands on the coveted Master Shawl of Imperium.

Come join us for the amazing gameplay and the always helpful, friendly and vibrant community. You can find us on the preferred server list.

As always happy adventuring where-ever your journeys take you!
Old 06-09-2017, 03:50 AM
Keza
Fire Beetle

Such a great server. I've been playing here for years and it's always fun. Even though it's a solo server, it's very balanced and difficult. You need to use everything you have to overcome bosses, and your gear will always be tested. Custom content is amazing and has it's own interesting story. I can't wait for the next expansion.

What really sets this server apart is the community. I've never seen a server that is so helpful and ready to welcome new players. Drama is nonexistent, no elitism at all, and /ooc is never toxic like some other servers I've played on.

I highly recommend this server.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:57 PM
DKiD
Fire Beetle

Couldn't agree more with the previous posts...Imperium Server rocks.

The 'solo' aspect of the server carries a lot of appeal in itself, but once you start playing here and mingling with the community, the server experience becomes way more than a 'solo' experience.

The content is challenging and the progression is great at allowing you to re-visit a lot of the zones that we've had a love-hate relationship with. I've definitely slowed down here and there while visiting various zones and just smiled as I reflected on the nostalgic memories from back in the day.

The community is great...helpful and excited to play with. I too...highly recommend this server as well.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Larrat
Fire Beetle

Imperium is great! there's a great community. Having trouble? just OOC and someone is willing to help. There is enough content to do that you wont get bored quickly and its a great place to experience all those things you missed because you dont want to poopsock!

Even though its solo, achievements are still relevant and rewarding because they have made challenge and community an integral part of obtaining those achievements.

Very good place to spend the evenings!
Old 06-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Really fishy that you all have less than 10 posts and one of your accounts was made June 2017. Is this an attempt to usher in players with falsified claims?
Old 06-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

I was going to say the same thing about the incoming wave of possible noobie shillers.

I had some fun on this server, but the endgame wasn't my cup of tea. It's sort of like a lite-version of Last World or similar so it's worth a look at least, but it feels sort of hollow compared to (now long gone) similar servers in the semi-custom category. I can say that the players I ran into weren't just meme-spewing basement lords, and that's a defininte thumbs up in that area.

Worth a look at least, just don't catch Sturm on a bad day.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

I personally have never posted on these boards before. Long time reader, first time poster. I requested on my own forum that players pop by here and post about their experience on what Imperium is like. We are not shilling, if people give their honest review that is perfectly acceptable. Like most forums this one is rather toxic I've noticed from my years reading it. I was somewhat reluctant to even post this thread due to that, but figured I should after reading the Gates of Time thread. It appears people are looking for something like what Imperium has to offer and I just wanted to get the word out there. Nothing said is false, and all testimonials as far as I know are genuine.

Thread where I asked players to chime in here on these boards found here: http://imperiumserver.boards.net/thr...rium-promotion

Imperium is not for everyone, but I welcome you to give it a shot.

Happy Adventuring.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:30 PM
cronik78
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Really fishy that you all have less than 10 posts and one of your accounts was made June 2017. Is this an attempt to usher in players with falsified claims?
I've been playing various servers for years here. I played ezserver for quite a while, and enjoyed it for what it was, but I wanted something that felt more like the original game. that had the same soul and feel to it.

I found Imperium.

This is the server I keep coming back to when I get the "EQ itch". As a guy in my late 30s, I don't have time for slower leveling like the live servers, so this let's me play the core game (fairly unaltered, except for the 1-in-200 or so chance at a high-powered artifact to drop from mobs) and experience EQ like I remember it in back in '99/'00. I can work my way through my favorite zones and it helps push me towards endgame.

Honestly I don't know why it's not more popular. Difficulty definitely spikes a bit later on after you finish PoP and start to get into the custom content, so I could see the "OP feeling" wearing off and people losing interest, but honestly I don't see that as a failed thing either. If someone gets all the way through PoP after working their way through the first 4-5 expansions, and then walks away, they've probably scratched their nostalgia itch and might circle around again in a year or two.

Anyways, highly recommended if you wanna play a new progression server and don't have the time to play like you used to. I might not have many posts here, but my account isn't a year old or something either.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:31 PM
draks
Fire Beetle

I don't post a lot either, but I've played on a lot of servers and have been playing eq on and off since 2001, and overall Imperium is pretty enjoyable. I am a fairly casual player at this point and not at the end game yet, been playing for a couple weeks. Like others said the community is good. It's a spell damage & weapon proc stacking server with custom features like the treasure goblins and random artifacts where you go through normal progression through GoD and then theres one tier of end game custom zones. I will say that going through the whole pop flagging can just feel like a chore at times. And of course the strong spell damage and solo aspect tends to push people into being SKs.

It can be challenging if you impose rules on yourself like not buying items that are beyond your own capabilities from bazaar (as there are almost always a few traders up), but if you find the right artifacts you can become pretty strong pretty quickly. This of course depends on the class(es) you choose. One downside here is that a significant number of discs don't work at all, especially at lower/mid levels.

I do see a lot of players in full maxed out custom gear, so I'm not sure that they have anything left to do (or have for a while). So more regular players might want to be aware of that, but for more casual players it will take a while to get through the content and overall would say its one of the more fun servers I've played on and worth trying out.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:52 PM
cronik78
Fire Beetle

I'd agree that longevity is dependent on not buying too much endgame gear from the bazaar. I've made that mistake before and it definitely shortcuts too much of the enjoyable stuff the first time through. it's also why so many people hit a wall i think... they're stupidly OP then the game gets pretty challenging again all of a sudden.

Quick shout-out though: as tough as the custom content is (solo is VERY hard, even with 2 well-equipped and balanced party bots), the scripting for the encounters is top-notch. There's a few avatars placed in zones (lfay, steamfont, CB, & mistmoore) that are meant for close-to-endgame characters that all have unique scripting that I found highly enjoyable and challenging to figure out. Beating those guys for the first time by myself was pretty gratifying.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

The last time I logged in to Imperium myself it was ran by different people if I remember correctly. The Epic 2.0 quest sat unfinished for months. A lot of the people playing were boxing like crazy and it seemed like they were AFK botting because there was no social interaction of any kind.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:01 PM
cronik78
Fire Beetle

Quote:
The last time I logged in to Imperium myself it was ran by different people if I remember correctly. The Epic 2.0 quest sat unfinished for months. A lot of the people playing were boxing like crazy and it seemed like they were AFK botting because there was no social interaction of any kind.
It does go through phases where there's not as many people chatting. I've experienced it before there and it's kinda bland. Pop seems a little more active (actively playing and chatting) atm, possibly because of the new live progression server. If you speak up in ooc now, people will respond and chat.

epic 2.0 has been done for a few months. haven't delved into it myself because endgame is beastly, and it's... involved. I'm getting the itch to focus more on my main and stop making alts tho...

I 2box myself, just to keep things interesting. currently camping easy stuff on my main, while devoting the majority of my time to the new hardcore features. (protip: be careful of rain spells with the spelldmg+ gear you can acquire. lost a 27 necro last night to a mob resisting a rain and charging me. ow. better than the death to Fabled Drelza I ate the night prior!)
Old 06-17-2017, 12:40 PM
yibi
Fire Beetle

Quote:
the use of MQ is highly frowned upon now. Granted using it for maps and such is fine but if you get caught using it for anything else there is a pretty heavy ban hammer. Epic 2.0's have been fixed and implemented since you have last logged in! as for the no social interaction it would just depend on the time that you log in as it is with most servers with lower populations. Still a good server for those that don't have a lot of time!
Old 06-17-2017, 12:43 PM
yibi
Fire Beetle

and yes i realize that it looks fishy for just posting my first post since 2008 now. i never really had any interest in posting due to always researching the questions etc that i had. I played on p99 for while and then found imperium and had lots of fun! for me, when not having time the server was perfect! don't get me wrong it could use more content however, alot of servers could use more content but thats the EMU struggle.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Camdella
Fire Beetle

Default 2 box limit

I understand the limit of 2 toons per IP address but would it be possible to get a 3rd so my wife can join me. I already have 2 accounts I play here and would like to get her own for her. Its not really any different than grouping up with another player but would have to have devs take care of this.