Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:44 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

Default EQ Reborn

This server is rocking the boat.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:53 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Classical ideas are popular even with P99 crowd
Whats better than P99 - a NEW P99 =)
P99 has been out for so long without new content, that everyone already on their 20th alt with top gear with nowhere to progress.
Think about it P99 was released in 2009? That's 9 years in 3 expansions! EQ1 Life golden era already ended after 5 years.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:54 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

bah double post. delete please
Old 08-17-2018, 01:03 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
Classical ideas are popular even with P99 crowd
Whats better than P99 - a NEW P99 =)
P99 has been out for so long without new content, that everyone already on their 20th alt with top gear with nowhere to progress.
Think about it P99 was released in 2009? That's 9 years in 3 expansions! EQ1 Life golden era already ended after 5 years.
I love the whole idea of classic play even with all the grind like P99 but without that older client clunks.Rof runs so damn smooth
its the only right thing sony ever did post classic
Old 08-25-2018, 07:51 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

peaking 350+ on the white list, this server has made it's bones around here. hope they keep sailing, good work.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:50 AM
drakleon
Fire Beetle

This server has a crazy Admin who just went on a Ban/Suspension spree because he found out some people in the content pushing guild made fun of his slow code updates and jokingly threatened to train some guy.

If you want to play on a server where you'll have your lvl 50 toons banned and wiped out because of a joke you made in a private channel on your own discord; this is the server for you!

It's a total joke; it was in beta for weeks and they couldn't figure out to fix melee until we had a dozen level 50 monks still hitting for 1 damage.

They just lost about 20-30 people today alone who were the main people 40+. Doesn't deserve to be in Preferred until it has a real admin.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:46 AM
drakleon
Fire Beetle

Is what it is, but due to some insecure and petty Admin who's banning and suspending not over cheats, exploits, racism, spam but for BEING JOKED ABOUT in a private channel in another discord.

It's not funny when it's to people who have donated to his server, have helped him with code on things he couldn't figure out because he's never coded a server before and have been supportive of him. His grape thin skin cost a lot of people hours and days of their lives.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:01 AM
drakleon
Fire Beetle

So you're going to defend Rain booting me the FOLLOWING:

That was posted in our GUILD discord (not the servers) in a private channel and he heard about it so SUSPENDED me for two weeks. You're kidding, right?

If you seriously try and defend that behavior from an Admin, you're just either him or in collusion.

Don't really care what shit meme you come up with now; people can make up their own minds if they want to play on a server with a psychotic insecure admin who sends spies into other peoples discords and then bans and suspends people based on someone JOKING about him. You're the leader of a server, grow a pair and ignore people. He couldn't shift manage a subway
Old 08-26-2018, 02:12 PM
Fuel
Fire Beetle

While I"m a new user to EMU servers, EQR has been my first server I played on actually. I was just banned from EQR apparently while I was away yesterday, not sure the reason, but I suspect it's cause the Dev team feels I was 4 boxing. I provided the information requested by Rain the lead Dev/Owner that it was indeed my brother who was playing. Apparently, my having to walk into my house (from the office which isn't attached (also why we have two different ISP, and I am also disabled) and taking 10 mins to my brother get out of the bathroom to log in wasn't fast enough for Rain's liking. I have played honestly since the launch of the server, and put in solid hours as I was one of the very few first people to hit content hard, and report bugs. Gearing two characters up and leveling after days of gameplay isn't something I would just throw away by doing something to get me banned!

I feel that my ban was unjust/unethical and I do not understand this is how you treat your community? I always helped the community when I logged in, and I was active in discord (which I was banned from also). How can you run a server when you ban people without even telling them why? I have reached out to Rain on Discord with no answer what so ever! This is not the type of server to recommend or boast about since there's literally no communication from the lead.

I will continue to await for a reply from Rain in discord, to which i'm sure I will not receive.

Fuel
Old 08-26-2018, 05:53 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

How is anyone derailing anything when the subject is EQ Reborn? Seems like that is what everyone is talking about in this thread.

Why is there so much coding on an EQEmu server? I just loaded up mine and it plays awesome!
Old 08-26-2018, 09:29 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Cleaned up thread, relevance

If you want to post about a server in the way you feel certain things were conducted were poor, then feel free to voice them here constructively as a medium to let others know your experience. However, don't turn it into a pissing match and threats.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

https://www.firesofheaven.org/thread...-sleeper.3309/

This is Kegz.

Apocal/Rain is definitely Kegz/toop.

Highly toxic, and I'd be careful dealing with him.

Has a known history of banning anyone that has a differing opinion and has a history of running off with 1000s in donations.

Just warning.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:26 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
This is Kegz.

Apocal/Rain is definitely Kegz/toop.
I remember that name from a few years back, if that's the same one. He had EpicEmu server. I
answered a few DB questions for him, but he wasn't picking up on things too clearly at the time.
He was banned from 99 and many other forums. I remember something with him (I think) trying
to get in on that EQClassic server or something related to that, but he definately wasn't a pillar
of the community.
I tried to go to that link you posted. I wanted to see if that was something that linked these
two together, but even after I signed up on that Fires of Heaven site, it still told me I don't
have permission to view that page.
One thing I did notice, that EQReborn has the same IP for the server and website. I think Kegz
used to run everything off the same box. If this is the same character, time will tell.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:22 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

I happen to like this server, regardless of maze_eq, drakleon's opinion. It has an aura about it that just pulls you right in. It's generated a legends quota of players, (peaked at 391 so far), but it sets a precedence and maybe even an inspiration for others. It can spell nothing but good times for the classic lovers.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:23 AM
Apocal
Fire Beetle

For transparency, Maze and Ababa were banned from EQ Reborn for trolling/training people (Maze) and exploitation (Ababa) which are both against our rules. We've only had three bans thus far (the other was for attempted Real Money Transactions).

Since being banned they have looked to spread rumors about Kegz/Toot. I, nor any other EQ Reborn staff, are Kegz/Toop (in fact I don't even know who that is).

We welcome anyone who would like to join us. Feel free to speak with our players on Discord and ask them about their experience with EQ Reborn.