Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Bombastic
Fire Beetle

Default Want to run a classic EQ server

So me and some friends found out about this a few days ago and have been constantly talking about how it was fun back in the good ol EQ. Now after reading the wiki it doesn't seem to hard to get it going, BUT will I be able to run the simplest version of EQ without any of the expansions properly? All I want is to run a server on my comp for me and my handfull of friends to play on.

Also just ran into a lil blip, I installed EQ from the original EQ cd and I can't patch the game as it's not connecting to the update server and I can't find the two files spells_en and spells_us that I need, so I'm not sure how to proceed from there, do I need to find and download an older client updater or buy the new EQ Titanium?

Last edited by Bombastic; 04-26-2006 at 12:06 PM..
Old 04-26-2006, 04:56 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Buy the Titanium client.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:15 AM
Kirgothi
Sarnak

Hello bombastic,

I am trying to do the exact same thing as you. This just goes to prove what I have always said. The industry is missing a HUGE market in converting MMO's to LAN play. There are thousands of people like us out there that have played the live EQ, gotten sick of it, and now desire a more private version of EQ. The problem is, there are hundreds of thousands of people willing to pay them a monthly subscription fee and pay for an expansion every 6 months.

Right now your only bet is to buy the Titanium ed. like Cavedude said. It's only $20 and you will only need one copy. Then look around some here on the forum, I believe I still have a post that is a rough guide to installation on the "General Support Forum."

The current version, which is 7.0 of the emulator, with EQ Titanium, does still have some bugs. Many people are suffering server crashes upon zoning, camping, and deaths. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:43 AM
Bombastic
Fire Beetle

Hey if I can run the classic EQ from that I think I can live with the crashes, I do as it is with any other mmorpg. Thanks guys.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:58 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The crashes are temporary, remember. They will be fixed. I am working on a few bugs myself.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Bombastic
Fire Beetle

Rawk on Cavedude!