Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Zeice
Sarnak

Default More issues with scribespells

I have a quest turn in for lvl 66 spells, lvl 67 spells, etc.

Just those levels, here is the script.

Code:
sub EVENT_ITEM {

#level 66 spells - trakanon
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1267 => 1)) {
quest::scribespells(66,66);
$client->Message(7, "Zelus says, 'This is most interesting, and most ancient. Well I can show you how to read this and you will be on your way in no time!'");
}

#level 67 - gukb
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1270 => 1)) {
quest::scribespells(67,67);
$client->Message(7, "Zelus says, 'This is most interesting, and most ancient. Well I can show you how to read this and you will be on your way in no time!'");
}

#level 68 - mire
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1267 => 1)) {
quest::scribespells(68,68);
}

else {
 	    plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
	}
}
Players are reporting that when they do the turn in for the lvl 66 spells, it's deleting many older spells. In the case of a cleric it's scribing their 66 spells but deleting Complete Healing..which is a big hurt lol. I don't have anything set up for traindiscs yet so I'm not sure if it's having the same issues still. Anyway would anybody be able to look into this please?
Old 07-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Shendare
Dragon

It appears that the scribespells command starts enscribing spells at slot 0 in the character's spellbook.

As a temporary workaround, you could instruct players to move their spells out of the first couple of pages of their spellbook before using the spell scribing NPC to keep from losing them.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:55 PM
steve
Discordant

Yeah spellscribe (even on Live during Beta) overwrites everything in the spellbook, starting at page 1.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

is there anyway we can change it to instead just place it after the last spell in the spell book?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:52 PM
trevius
Developer

That would be the best way to do it, but that would require a change to the source code. What we would need it to do is:

1. Check each spell being scribed to see if it is already in the player's spell book before doing anything. If it is already in the spell book, it does not rescribe it. This would stop it from repositioning spells if people have re-organized their spell book.

2. For each spell that gets scribed, it would search the Player Profile for any free slots and scribe each spell in the first available slot.

If we could get it to work like that, it should be perfect. Though, I think it might be tricky to have it look through the Player Profile like that. I really don't know how to make it do that correctly, or I would attempt to fix this issue myself.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

anyone looking into this yet?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:35 PM
AndMetal
Developer

I think I may be able to work on & implement a fix today, along with some other commits I've been working on.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 07-26-2009, 05:16 AM
AndMetal
Developer

I just added the fix in Rev 830.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 08-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I finally got around to testing it out and I have to say you did a great job fixing it. I couldn't find any problems.