Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Screenshots

Misc::Screenshots What do you think? Post your screenies here.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Default Wow, it's stable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zeir5SMlc

Stability test I did recently... it's crazy how stable this emulator is getting.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:58 PM
trevius
Developer

Wow! You must be running on one hell of a PC to not lag insanely when you #aggrozone ssra like that, haha! Nice touch showing off the SoF client. I wonder if Titanium would run so smooth in that same situation as far as frame-rate goes.

I bet if you put a network bandwidth monitor on your server when you did that, you would have seen traffic go from like 5kps up to more like 100kps lol. The insane bandwidth usage of AEing a zone like that is the main cause for the client crashes. The zones never crash, it is the clients in the zone that do. It is because the server gets so tied up trying to send position updates and action packets and such that it forgets to send some other stuff that the client needs so that it knows it is still connected. This isn't very evident on a LAN connection, since bandwidth speeds are usually at least 100Mbs if not more.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:04 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

hey how come Seru didn't come?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
hey how come Seru didn't come?
He can't leave his room :P
Old 06-15-2009, 08:13 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

TGC has had 130+ in a single zone all active, plus another 150+ elsewhere without a hiccup. Indeed, EQEmu has become a rock.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Wow! You must be running on one hell of a PC to not lag insanely when you #aggrozone ssra like that, haha! Nice touch showing off the SoF client. I wonder if Titanium would run so smooth in that same situation as far as frame-rate goes.

I bet if you put a network bandwidth monitor on your server when you did that, you would have seen traffic go from like 5kps up to more like 100kps lol. The insane bandwidth usage of AEing a zone like that is the main cause for the client crashes. The zones never crash, it is the clients in the zone that do. It is because the server gets so tied up trying to send position updates and action packets and such that it forgets to send some other stuff that the client needs so that it knows it is still connected. This isn't very evident on a LAN connection, since bandwidth speeds are usually at least 100Mbs if not more.
Yep, this is on a LAN connection. The server box is a VM on my desktop, lol. It's got 1 gig of ram allocated, which is why I was surprised on how good it ran.

I can try titanium, but I think Titanium always desynced from the server when I tried that. It's good stuff regardless though, lol
Old 06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
trevius
Developer

I was mostly curious because if SoF works better than Titanium as far as getting desync'd goes, more people might have an extra reason to finally purchase it :P Plus, if it actually has better performance as far as FPS as well, that is one more motivator to get it

Personally, the graphic difference alone as far as lighting and some of the advanced settings goes is one of the main reasons I used it full time now. I don't like switching to the dark and dull Titanium client, unless I have to do so to test change compatibility with it.

Last edited by trevius; 06-16-2009 at 05:29 AM..
Old 06-19-2009, 09:04 AM
WillowyLady
Sarnak

Now thats almost a decent train.

Was the XP any good?

Old 06-20-2009, 02:15 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Imo, you should do that again, but with an Earthshaker

My Contributions to the Wiki