Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

View Poll Results: Should I continue to offer invites, as they become available?
Yes 8 88.89%
No 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Cobalt
Fire Beetle

Default (50 left) GMail - Invites upon request.

I made the announcement on December 10, 2004 that I was giving away 6 GMail invites; and just a couple days ago I had only 6 left. Today, just logged in to GMail and I have a total of 50 invites available. And since nobody had a problem with my announcement then, I will do it again.

If you are interested in getting your own GMail account, please feel free to contact me. All that I need from you is your e-mail address. Please keep in mind that I will not sell, I will not use, and I will not sell distribute, or otherwise make available your e-mail address to anyone.

For your protection, I recommend sending a Private Message (PM) to me, to avoid internet robots or otherwise from collecting your email address.

I do not get anything out of this, except maybe for friendship and respect from the EQEmu community, I get absolutely nothing else in return for inviting people. All you get is a completely free email address that powered and provided by Google.

Last edited by Cobalt; 02-22-2005 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: Update to message.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 PM
mattmeck

i got 50 invites too, as well as everyone i know, if you want an account just ask!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Cobalt
Fire Beetle

I normally see Google giving away 6 each time, this is the first time I've seen them offer 50. I wonder if they're getting ready to go out of the beta stages.. Then again, I think I heard someone say they offered 20 before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
i got 50 invites too, as well as everyone i know, if you want an account just ask!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Antagony
Fire Beetle

I have the invites too should either of the above run out
Old 02-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Stealth_raptor
Hill Giant

Talking

G-mail for teh win! lol

Awesome stuff, thanks for the invite, Cobalt
Old 02-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Tajk
Sarnak

thanks to the kindness of mattmeck i now also have an GMail account, tho how can I invite others or do i need to wait a certain amount of time?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajk
thanks to the kindness of mattmeck i now also have an GMail account, tho how can I invite others or do i need to wait a certain amount of time?
Depends. Sometimes you get 0 invites, sometimes you get 10. Or, maybe even new people get 50. I dont know. I know it took me about a week when I first got my account go get my 6 invites.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Cobalt
Fire Beetle

Smile Back to 50 again!

Apparently, Google didn't think 50 was enough. I was down to 46 and now I am back to 50 again.

I was a little slow the past couple of days, had a small accident and sliced my left eye (good eye, I am legally blind in my right eye,) but that didn't stop me. Heh, I'm recovering pretty quickly and doing well if anyone is interested. I do have 50 invites again.