Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Olacaten
Fire Beetle

Default Anyway to model edit / swap an Ogre > DE?

In WoW I know there are ways to model it and chance what your char looks like on your own screen, but everyone else still sees you as what you are. I was wondering if there was a way to do that on some of the EQEmu servers also, or if its even allowed?

For example, I want to make an Ogre Warrior for the stats, stun immunity etc. However I hate how big the model is and having to always be looking over my head in order to see whats in front of me. I was wondering if there was a way to make my ogre look like a DE or Dwarf or something? Of course it would be on my end only and not really give me any advantage in-game over other players, it would just make playing much more enjoyable without having to look at a giant back all day =/.

Anyone know if this is possible in EQ?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Emmeric
Sarnak

Yes, it is possible.

Someone posted a quest in the tutorial zone where hailing the NPC allows you to choose what race you want to be. On my server, I use Arias. once the charm is received, he will offer to change your race using the permarace command.

Alternately, if you run your own server, you can just target yourself and type in chat #permarace (whatever-race)

without the parentheses. Your race is found on the race table http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=RaceList

However, you will only be able to pick races with which you can begin. For example, making your race vampire won't work because there is no character customization for those models, such as faces, hair colors, clothing, etc.

So you could make an ogre warrior and change him to gnome. You can also bypass class restrictions that way. I made a human monk and changed first to gnome, then to ogre.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

he will loose the ogre's front stun bonus if he goes permarace
what he really asking for is model texture swap - which is possible, but requires unpacking of graphic files client side, changing then and repacking back. Its not a simple process but it can be done.

Also, you can just shrink yourself =)
Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

Do you lose your stun bonus if it's just an illusion?
You could use a qglobal in the enter zone event (player.pl) to keep up a perpetual illusion, or just make a custom quest function that sends an appearance packet.

Of course, as is always the issue with player.pl, you can put it in templates but any zone with an override has to be edited as well. There are a couple of solutions for that but I would say they are either potentially problematic source edits (I haven't had any trouble, but it's not particularly elegant) or you can put a plugin hook in all the applicable player.pl files (more repetitive work than I'm interested in :P ).

The easiest solution might just be to add an illusion or shrink, as ChaosSlayer suggested, to a clicky item.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:52 PM
BrandeX
Sarnak

Be sure to turn on high-res models, Ogres (and trolls) aren't as large/wide. Also besides shrinking mentioned above, you can play in first person view, and see what's in front of you that way.