Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Branks
Sarnak

Default 5.8 login

so i decided the play around with 5.8 but when booting my server to play with things

Code:
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.8
[Status] Loading variables..
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading items from database: count=28731, max id=69304
[Status] ./LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
[Status] Loading ./addon.ini..
[Status] Loading EQ time of day..
[Status] Reboot zone modes ON
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
Breaking bards...done
TCP listening on: ---.---.---.---:9000
World server listening on: ---.---.---.---:9000
Connected to LoginServer: eqemulator.net:5996
47093 New client from ip: 192.168.1.1 port: 2478
Bad/expired session key: 1481284073
Removing client from ip:192.168.1.1 port:2478
74203 New client from ip: 192.168.1.1 port: 2481
Bad/expired session key: 1661949543
Removing client from ip:192.168.1.1 port:2481
IP removed of course, but this happens no matter how i try and set things up, i can log into the test server just fine and all worked well there, but this happens everytime i try my own. i sourced all the new sql files etc, and yes i tried with zones booted however it still gave the same response. did i screw somehting up or is the 5.8 login server only setup for one server at the moment or?
Old 09-06-2004, 05:50 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

how did you get to source for 5.8? I tryed the cvs but i cant find anything
Old 09-06-2004, 06:12 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I'm getting the same errors, except my sessions keys are all not only wrong but also negative Something I found interesting was one of the CVS version from the other day still used the old login server and thus the old client. I recieved the same error message with that version, except in that case the sessions keys were correct compared to what they are in the database. The other difference was when usernames not in the database try to connect with the newest CVS, you get the session key error, but on the older version I mentioned above, the client timed out with no error output to world. I guess it has something to do with the player profile. I was going to *try* to look at it today.

Oh, and CVS is found here: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=88515
Old 09-06-2004, 06:14 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

i said i went there and got nothing, tryed using wincvs and it said no modules were found
Old 09-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

well i found it now, but it seems with 5.8 it cant keep a connection with mysql...
Old 09-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

To explain the cause of this let me tell you how login works. You login to the login server and click play everquest on a server. The login server then sends all your information to that server, and then tells you to connect to the server. Once you try to login to the server, world looks through its list to find your connection information it received from the login server that corresponds to the info that your client is sending it.

The problem arises when your internal ip doesnt match your external ip address. It then cannot find the data that corresponds and disconnects you. To fix this you can use one of two options:

1. Connect to your world server using your external ip address by forwarding port 9000 on your router and listing the world address in LoginServer.ini as your external ip address.

OR
2. As long as you server isnt handling multiple logins at once, you will be safe making the following change:

zoneserver.cpp line 2158:

change:
Code:
if (loginIP==ip && strncmp(plskey, iKey,10) == 0) {
to:
Code:
if (strncmp(plskey, iKey,10) == 0) {

ONLY try the second method if the first one fails.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:26 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Thanks a lot! The second option worked for me.

The first did not, and I believe it may be due to my router. I cannot put my external IP in for worldaddress or the router will cut me off. I have to use a dns service and put that in there. Of course, I then have that dns name bound to my internal IP in my HOSTS file. So, ultimately my world server is still going to be given my internal IP. For the 5.7 servers this is no problem, but I guess you had to make some changes to satisfy the new client.