Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-08-2004, 08:27 AM
Branks
Sarnak

Default questions for the experts.

so ive been playing with 5.8 lately and since the AA lists doesnt even display on screen its kinda a huge slowdown to my current goal of fixing them all, ive tried several things i thought may have been related however ive had zero success, so i thought id ask a few questions and maybe gain a better understanding of a few things. the basic op codes for AA seem to be correct however AAAction is now 16 bytes instead of 256, ive tried every method i know of for trying to figure out the new style packet for AAAction however i cannot find anything useable in it as a char, an int or anything, it seems to be completely random with no charid and it varries or atleast seems to every tick.

so i started wondering if the packet was smaller due to the client not having the information it needed in order to correctly call AAAction, meaning is the packet small since the client doesnt understand the current AA system/list.

also what would cause the AA list/tables not to display on the client, i thought this was all controlled client side in the UI files somewhere, has the system changed, is there an OP that sends the useable AA list to the client, or can the client not correctly identify the players class in order to request the correct AA list for them? any ideas here would be helpfull as ive about run out, although im kinda hoping the system has changed and the AA list is controled server side as that would enable the option of adding or removing AA skills to classes as we like.

also a lil farther off topic, as of today what is the current working version of the packet collector and the correct working wincap.dll or whatever the sniffing DLL is called as i cannot seem to get this working at all, it simply does nothing or says decompression error. also what is the command to make it collect everything possible?

thanks in advance for any help, id simply like to know if im working in the wrong direction which i believe i am currently, also the only progress ive had in the last 3 days is
#define OP_RandomNameGenerator 0x02ab

...woohoo =/
Old 09-08-2004, 10:03 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

To make it collect all opcodes, pass the arguments
Quote:
-o all
along with the other arguments you give it.

If you start packetcollector while you're in game, it won't actually start collecting anything until you first zone.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:36 PM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

Branks,could you paste here an AA packet?I will see what can I do.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Branks
Sarnak

man, my newbishness is really showing here but what exactly do you mean post an AA packet? i just started messing with the whole packet collecting thing yestarday- btw todays working version of those are winpcap3.0 and packetcollector 0.9.0 for anyone who also may have had trouble finding which versions to use. anyway if your asking me to post the log from the collectors i can however the bits i believe to be activating and setting AAXP%s are rather large, i plan to email it to edgar whomever in a moment since the auto upload doesnt work for me. anyway what ive come to find out so far as that the whole AA system seems to have totally changed atleast from the way it worked in 5.7 on the emus although i never saw it on live. so to me its completely different. currently activating an AA seems to result in the server sending OP_AAAction back 30 times and i cant see anything different amoungst them. anyway if you could give me a little more detail on what exacly youd like me to do id be glad to.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Branks
Sarnak

Minor progress, i finally made sense of some of it and now can turn AAEXP on and off and alter %s but why the list isnt showing up i believe is way over my head =(

Code:
				case OP_AAAction:
					{
						if(app->size &lt; 1) 
						{
							break;
						}
						if(((int)app->pBuffer[0])==1)//AAexp is ON
						{
							m_pp.perAA = (int)app->pBuffer[12];
							if (m_pp.perAA&lt;0 || m_pp.perAA>100){//sploit check
								m_pp.perAA=0;}
							SendAAStats();
							SendAATable();
						}
						else if(((int)app->pBuffer[0])==2)//AAexp is OFF
						{
							m_pp.perAA = 0;
							SendAAStats();
							SendAATable();
						}
						else 
						{
							cout &lt;&lt; "Unknown Command in AAAction opcode: 0x" &lt;&lt; hex &lt;&lt; setfill('0') &lt;&lt; setw(4) &lt;&lt; app->opcode &lt;&lt; dec;
							cout &lt;&lt; " size:" &lt;&lt; app->size &lt;&lt; endl;
						}
						break;
					}