Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Quests

Archive::Quests Archive area for Quests's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:11 AM
sgaske24
Sarnak

Default script npc teleporting ..bugged?

Greetings all,

I have searched high and low and cannot find anything on this other than examples of the useage of quest::movepc(id,x,y,z) and am getting a bit frustrated. The issue I am having is that the npc's I use to teleport a player always teleport the player under the world in any given zone. I've tried every combination of loc's I can think of and zones as well.

My NPC is located in the nexus and is supposed to teleport the player to the starting location of the zone guka, here is the code:

if($text=~/ready/i && $ulevel>=65){quest::say("Okay, off you go then. I do hope you are able to recover my stone.");
quest::movepc(229,x,y,z);}

I didn't include the loc because it does not matter what I make the xyz coordinates, it always ports the player under the world in the target zone. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Helpful replies appreciated.

Zenrix the Almighty
ServerOP, Chronicles of Norrath
Eqemu 5.8 (with qsts)
Old 09-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Make a self port spell and use selfcast(); ?
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:25 PM
ajb20
Hill Giant

You have to check your zone in point in the zone table. Make sure the safex, safey, safez do not put the player in a weird spot. I had to play with some zones, it seems sometimes it likes the #loc order of x and y and sometimes it likes the /loc of x and y, just switch em around and keep trying til it puts the player where you want
Old 09-09-2004, 01:07 AM
molimo140
Hill Giant

Yeah, also dont get /loc and #loc confused. /loc lists your coordinates Y, X, Z. #loc lists your coordinates X, Y, Z. Strange though as if i you do a /loc and #loc from the same places, the numbers dont exactly match up. Anyway, make sure using #loc if you want to get the coords to zone to.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:58 PM
sgaske24
Sarnak

Ahh, okay, I'll try that out. I don't remember which loc I actually used

Thanks for the tips guys!

Zenrix the Almighty
ServerOP, Chronicles of Norrath
Eqemu 5.8 (with qsts)