Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-12-2004, 03:30 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Default Not sure of why Im getting this...

This error looks new to me... Though I dont claim to be a programming expert (or really even novice)... Everything seems to compile ok, just when it tries to link... The source I am compiling is from cvs as of 10:20 PM (EST) Sept. 12, 2004..... Maybe I havent search ENOUGH (but have looked into it as much as I thought I needed to before deciding there werent any posted anwers as of yet), but if someone could help me out here, just by letting me know if it is something in the code or something I am doing wrong... I will fix it myself if it is something I am doing wrong, but otherwise, consider it an early bug report (smile)>>>>>

Code:
Linking...
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall PTimerList::~PTimerList(void)" (??1PTimerList@@QAE@XZ)
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall PTimerList::PTimerList(unsigned int)" (??0PTimerList@@QAE@I@Z)
client.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall PTimerList::Store(void)" (?Store@PTimerList@@QAE_NXZ)
client_process.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: bool __thiscall PTimerList::Load(void)" (?Load@PTimerList@@QAE_NXZ)
command.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: unsigned int __thiscall PersistentTimer::GetRemainingTime(void)" (?GetRemainingTime@PersistentTimer@@QAEIXZ)
command.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall PTimerList::ToVector(class std::vector<struct std::pair<unsigned short,class PersistentTimer *>,class std::allocator<struct std::pair<unsigned short,class PersistentTim
er *> > > &)" (?ToVector@PTimerList@@QAEXAAV?$vector@U?$pair@GPAVPersistentTimer@@@std@@V?$allocator@U?$pair@GPAVPersistentTimer@@@std@@@2@@std@@@Z)
../Build/Zone.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Zone.exe - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)
BTW this is using VC++ 6.0 Ent., zlib 1.2.1, MySQL 4.0.21-Win, Running on Win XP SP 1.................... Looks like code error (from the snippets I understand), such as unsigned short, and blah blah blah....

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-12-2004, 04:03 PM
killspree
Dragon

Did you add any files to the project that deal with persistant timers?
Old 09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

You need to add ptimer.h and ptimer.cpp to your zone's common files configration in the workspace then compile.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:59 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Thank you! That took care of it, though I am not sure why those common files were not included in the project... Anyone else have to manually add those two common files to the project in order to get zone to compile/link correctly?

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-13-2004, 01:49 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

Yes.
It is a problem because I wrote that stuff, but I do not have visual studio to add them to the VS project, and nobody has checked in the change which adds them to the project.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:25 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Again, no expert here, but Ill see what I can do.. Shouldnt be hard...

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-13-2004, 02:34 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Done and tested... I can email the project files to you ...

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ