Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindr3d View Post
My friend is having problems connecting to the server. Any ideas? I have all the required ports forwarded and such.

It is telling him to run the patcher. I can connect just fine.
It's 100% a router/firewall issue most likely with forwarding ports. I know you just said you forwarded them but that's where the problem is.

I'd also rather not bloat this thread with support issues that are not related to the repack.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:36 PM
vindr3d
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
It's 100% a router/firewall issue most likely with forwarding ports. I know you just said you forwarded them but that's where the problem is.

I'd also rather not bloat this thread with support issues that are not related to the repack.
My mistake. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Noser
Fire Beetle

Hey akka. I installed your pak but i'm not sure how to connect to the server/get it to show up on the Eqeumlator list. I tried forwarding ports and even DMZ in the router.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noser View Post
Hey akka. I installed your pak but i'm not sure how to connect to the server/get it to show up on the Eqeumlator list. I tried forwarding ports and even DMZ in the router.
You shouldn't need forwarded ports to get it to show up on the list. Getting other clients to connect you do.

Try changing the server name from the default as there is already on the server on the list with that name.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:00 PM
Noser
Fire Beetle

thanks akka. I found out the reason i couldn't see it on the list was because i was using eqemulauncher and the list was not updated.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:04 AM
vsab
Discordant

The first post says that the Mariadb is optimised - are there any pearls of wisdom in regards to that which could be applied to non re-pack installs?
Old 10-02-2014, 10:14 PM
steve
Discordant

Is there a way to run a local login server? My internet is 4G and is NAT'd on Verizon's network. It's impossible to reach my computer through the internet, without shelling out $500 for a static, routable, IP address.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:15 AM
wirepuller134
Fire Beetle

We sourced in the load_login.sql and then just used the login server and crypto file from our old server. We really appreciate all of the work that has been put into this to ensure people have a trouble free setup.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:16 AM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Steve, have you looked at services such as DynDNS? These register your own domain with a dynamic IP, like you are using. There is even an Android app which will update the info for you.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:20 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoran View Post
Steve, have you looked at services such as DynDNS? These register your own domain with a dynamic IP, like you are using. There is even an Android app which will update the info for you.
What he's talking about is his service is using CGNAT, he can't actually host services off of his connection for this reason.

I don't have any quick LS .MSI's but I could provide an easy setup guide unless someone else beats me to the punch
Old 10-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionPhoenixGM View Post
Hey Akkadius,

So I am on Windows 8.1 64bit.

I did discover the system restore point and went back to that. Maybe things broke when I tried to run the server before it was actually configured and that caused things to break.

The most frustrating/odd part of this was the installer would run when I was just opening a .zip/.rar file thus overwritting my unpack.

I will give your suggestions a shot tonight and get back to you.

I am on Windows 8.1 64-bit and this is happening to me as well. In fact, any time I right click any files or folders of mine that I have at all, the installer starts. I click cancel and the installer cancels but then starts again. I have to click cancel on about 10 different installers before i finally get my right click menu. Rar files are unusable atm. I came here looking to see if it happened to anyone else. I will have to try uninstalling winrar, then reinstall the repack and see if that does it.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

EDIT nevermind
Old 10-03-2014, 04:36 PM
steve
Discordant

Hi Akkadius,

Thanks. A quick write up would be great on how to configure a local login server to work with this repack. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the boat of not being able to have external connections.

BTW, installed this on Windows Server 2012 R2 x64. Went flawlessly, without a hitch. Everything started up correctly.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Louthin
Fire Beetle

Anyone else having trouble uninstalling this software .. it keeps saying its being used when its the ONLY thing running is the uninstall and when you manually delete it it keeps trying to run not letting you do anything to get rid of it.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louthin View Post
Anyone else having trouble uninstalling this software .. it keeps saying its being used when its the ONLY thing running is the uninstall and when you manually delete it it keeps trying to run not letting you do anything to get rid of it.
Most likely have the MariaDB service running and it has a file that is open.

You will need to go under your Services and manually shut off the MariaDB service in order to successfully uninstall the package.