Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:57 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Fusion Server

What else can I say about this server other than, it takes a village?

Puny Earthlings: Elvis helped me recreate the custom augment creator NPC on this server, so really the only feature I'm bringing over from Puny Earthlings is the bot restrictions. You'll hail an NPC in PoK to get permission to spawn 1 bot. Then as you become more powerful and can take out certain mobs, you'll be able to turn in proof of that kill to the NPC to spawn more bots at once.

The augment creator is pretty simple. You give him an item you want to turn into an augment, and he will hand it back and tell you how much plat you need to hand him along with the item again, then he will run and make your aug, respawn and you wait until the next morning and hail him again... your augment is created, he hands it to you as "Fridgecritter's Custom Augment"

Last World: I used to be a GM on this server, and have tried a couple times to revive the content from this great server, but was not successful. WIth added content from Leetsauce (Thanks Elvis), and a LOT more content retrieved from the LW server now, locations of the old bosses, etc... along with the original quest files, so this will be what I'm doing for the next month or so. Four different colored dragons spread throughout Norrath, each color dragon drops a different material armor (cloth, leather, chain and plate). A quest called "The holy hand grenade" (enough said). And much more from Last world. Jabberwocky will return!

The server is unlocked right now, with 3x rates and starter items, some NPCs and a birdbath for your custom augments in PoK. You can get on now and get a head start, or wait until it's all implemented, but it's unlocked for bug reports now. No custom spell file needed.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:57 PM
shadeknight
Sarnak

Man, I remember LW. Had a SK + bot group that did some decent stuff. I'll have to check it out.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:19 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

The forums are up at fusionserver.org

Fusion Everquest server is hosted on a virtual dedicated server for now, with limited resources. I have purchased an 8-core rack mount server with 16GB of RAM that I will be moving the server to eventually.

Fusion is just as the name suggests. It's a fusion of features from different contributors. Here are the specifics of the server:

- Custom augment creator (Written by Elvis)
This is the main feature of the server. There are two NPCs in Nexus that will take whatever item you hand them with some platinum and turn it into an augment that you can place into another item. All items can be removed with the lowest level distiller. There is a type 4/8 NPC and a type 7 NPC. Be sure to hand in your item to the correct NPC. You may, however, redeem your items from either NPC. They will depsawn and return 30 seconds later, and when the server restarts you can talk to them again to redeem your new custom augment.

- 3x experience
The experience rate has been increased to 3x

- Server restarts every 6 hours to create custom augments.
This leaves you plenty of time to do raids, turn in items and come back to get your custom augments.

- Increased stats on all items
All items have been increased in stats to help you fight with one group, and make better augments.

- Custom NPCs from Last World
These are being implemented slowly as I get time. For now, the only ones I will tell you about, so you can test your skills on them, are the colored dragons. There is one in Dragon Necropolis, Cobalt Scar, HohonorA and Burningwood. There will be many more to come, with drops that will help the augment theme of the server.

- GM commands
These commands are available to you: #maxskills, #zone, #finditem, #scribespells, #peqzone and a few more. Type #help in game to see which ones you can use.

- No food or drink needed
Do your charm quest in tutorial to get a Kobold Skull Charm that has the effect of taking away your hunger and thirst. If you want one for your bots, you can buy one from the vendor near the soul binder in PoK.

- Quested bots
You speak to the bots NPC to see what he wants to give you your first bot. As you level, you can summon more bots. The maximum amount of bots you can summon is 5.

- Buffs, skills and discs NPC
Get buffs to help you on your way to 70 (max level) and max your skills and discs while you're at it.

- Custom prices on certain items to help get money for custom augments
At this time, Crushbone Belts, Diamonds and Blue Diamonds sell at a high premium to the vendor so you can get your first bot, and pay for augments.

- 1 hour spawn time on all raid and boss mobs.
If it had an hour or more spawn time on live, it's limited to an hour here. But get to them fast, players will figure out the #zone command quickly, and set socials to #zone X Y Z and get right to them.

- AAs as you level
Starting from level 1, you get AAs for leveling. This will help you get your run speed up right away so you can run away from Ambassador Div'n.

- MQ2 is allowed
Only for mapping/targeting, beneficial simple purposes. I check the database, and if anyone is caught warping around to get to bosses, or macroing diamonds, drops or any other automation of gameplay I will ban them. You may get a warning, you may not.

- Starter items
Talk to Puffy in PoK for some things to aid you when starting out, and some things for your pet. The pet gear can't be turned into an augment. Don't try it.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:16 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Every server loses me at "bots"

Old 08-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

I really didn't want to implement bots, but the quested bots works well. And it's a lot easier to keep the content as stock as possible when you have a built in group to play with.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridgecritter View Post
I really didn't want to implement bots, but the quested bots works well. And it's a lot easier to keep the content as stock as possible when you have a built in group to play with.
I enjoy single player games on my playstation.

Don't wanna play single player on a game that requires internet lol.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:19 PM
adamle00
Sarnak

Keeping the content as stock as possible basically means raid content will be off limits, you won't be doing death touching mobs or mobs with funky mechanics and punishing aoe's with a couple toons and a few bots.

Also I have noticed the auto scribe npc is missing many spells like sow and some of the healing spells as well as some of the pet spells. 1 hour spawn times on boss mobs is also problematic as for things like ToV you wont have time to clear the needed mobs.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:12 PM
jabedoben
Sarnak

I would cut off my pinkie toe to get the original Last World back. Nothing on EQEmu has come close for me since it went away.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

While this server isn't bad, it's difficult to gear up really, got 70 through fighting random mobs, but any zone I go to that should have appropriate gear, it takes forever to kill anything and when I do kill it, nothing drops. Adjustments need to be made to make this server more awesome, but as it stands there's just not much two groups can do. I literally have 2 groups (mix breed of things) going through and get killed in Veilous stuff... Can do most of SSRA, majority of BoThunder, but ther'es not much there to get up with. I die on Statue of Rallos Zek.... I mean... It just needs to be adjusted...