Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 10-19-2004, 01:26 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default New Feature or tool.

I think this would be a nice add on tool/feature for EQEMU.
A packet collector tool that takes spawns and npcs and places them in your database.

maybe world.exe -import XXX.bin

I realize this is way out in left field..but it would be nice.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 10-19-2004, 02:42 AM
animepimp
Dragon

This already exists and is what PEQ is using to make their Live clone moving DB. I don't know of any programs like this publicly released though.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:58 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by animepimp
This already exists and is what PEQ is using to make their Live clone moving DB. I don't know of any programs like this publicly released though.

it hinders the community to withold valueable tools but thats there choice, im sure they have there reasons.

last time I checked PEQ was offline...shrug.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 10-19-2004, 03:14 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

EQBuilder is available off the PEQ website http://www.peqserver.com/ although it seems to be down atm.

The packet collector that creates the logs usable by that is offered by Hackerquest. http://hackersquest.com/

I used that program myself for my own database, it works quite well.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:22 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

actually the new Beta of Packetcollector collects spawns, zone configs, zone points, AAs, doors and items. Right now it uploads them to a central location, but very soon I will write a script to parse the info and make it available for download. Noone seems to be collecting except for me though :/
Old 10-19-2004, 04:23 AM
Kroeg
Hill Giant

The projecteq team uses the same tools and files that normal typical users have access to... as the projecteq team was started firstly as a private effort, much like yours. The only trick to it all is spending all the time it takes to actually get everything working together.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:58 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default script?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar1898
actually the new Beta of Packetcollector collects spawns, zone configs, zone points, AAs, doors and items. Right now it uploads them to a central location, but very soon I will write a script to parse the info and make it available for download. Noone seems to be collecting except for me though :/
That central location, we would love to have access to a file like that to use.
So far it's been working great useing the item DB.
but spawns etc ....hmmm it would be great to have access to those things.
only trouble is from one version to the other they vary.
I Tried to source in a old RIB database but it use's a different a format that the new source rejects. lots of editing to get that working.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 10-19-2004, 08:50 AM
Xabob
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar1898

WTF le i am collecting :evil:
[12:38] <RangerDown> I watched Napoleon Dynamite the other day
[12:39] <Xabob> omg
[12:39] <Xabob> want me to shoot you now?
[12:39] <RangerDown> and the first words out of my mouth at the start were:
[12:39] <RangerDown> Hey I bet Rog looks like that

Old 10-19-2004, 09:33 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

yep. peqserver.com is offline atm. We're undergoing a server reformat, putting a better os and web server management software on it. PEQ-TGC will probably go down for 1-2 days as well starting tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:59 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

LE,

I have to say that I personally dont like the fact that the collector uploads to a central place... I think it would be a lot more useful if it could send that info to a configurable place, and the other end to receive it was released...
just my thoughts.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:33 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I thought the collector had -dbh, -dbuser and -dbpass switches to let you upload to an alternate location? Do these not work.

I guess even if they do, I'm sure you have to have the table structures it's expecting, which I've never seen documented anywhere.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:16 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDown
I thought the collector had -dbh, -dbuser and -dbpass switches to let you upload to an alternate location? Do these not work.

I guess even if they do, I'm sure you have to have the table structures it's expecting, which I've never seen documented anywhere.
I wonder if I could just use a dummy database to add that to my working DB. I will do some test tonight if those commands work for me.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 10-22-2004, 04:19 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathernitwit
LE,

I have to say that I personally dont like the fact that the collector uploads to a central place... I think it would be a lot more useful if it could send that info to a configurable place, and the other end to receive it was released...
just my thoughts.
Why? Once I get my scripts setup they can download any information they upload. It wouldnt be more useful if they could configure it to upload to their own db because people would be selfish and only upload to their database. Which means noone except themselves would benefit from the information. As it is now, everyone will benefit.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:42 AM
Xothin
Sarnak

LE,

With Packet Collector, what would we use to parse the data into something that is usable in our own DBs?

From what I understand EQBuilder does not function with the latest packet logs from EQLive since the OoW update.

Also, not to sidetrack the thread, what would it take to get EQBuilder up to snuff as far as reading the latest packet sessions from EQLive? I'm not a great coder, but am at least a halfdecent one.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:54 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xothin
Also, not to sidetrack the thread, what would it take to get EQBuilder up to snuff as far as reading the latest packet sessions from EQLive? I'm not a great coder, but am at least a halfdecent one.
Well, the brilliant retard programmer that wrote eqbuilder LOST THE FUCKING CODE! so all we have is an older release... but is is around, search for it (1.3b is the version). Then you just need to fix it to work with new eqcollector logs...

On a side note, the guy who puts out eqcollector thinks the design to parse logs is retarded, and I think I halfway agree.. he has a plugin archetecture to eqcollector that should make it a lot easier to get at the data we need.... just an alternative.