Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Another use for instancing would be for zones that are designed for a max number of 1 to 6 players or so. If a raid would trivialize the content, then you might use this type of limiting. With instancing, you could potentially still allow others to play in that zone without having to wait in line for the people currently in there to leave.
This is the feature that I'm interested in for instancing. Scripted content, coupled with the task system is very interesting to me, along with limiting the number of people so the content remains difficult. Being able to adjust the content on the fly for levels would be really cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Oh, and I quit live around that same era. Though, my reason for quiting was due to almost all of the best guildies I had played with for years were gone. Also, I didn't like the fact that I had to work my ass off for like 10 hours every day for maybe 2 or 3 pieces of loot per month. Progression that slow is just ridiculous. And just when you start to get caught up to where you feel uber again, they release another expansion and make all of your hard earned gear obsolete.
This has always been my complaint with EQ. Casual players just can't keep up.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:59 PM
trevius
Developer

LOL, 10 hours every day is casual? :P

Actually my reason for not being at the top all of the time was because I loved my guild and it was considered a family raiding guild. We still raided every day, but it wasn't really mandatory like some hardcore guilds. We also didn't use DKP. I could have joined the top guild at any time, but they were mostly just asses. Though, my guild was 2nd or 3rd on the server for most of the time we were there. We were also one of the longest lasting guilds (just recently broke up), mainly due to the awesome people in it.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit. I am excited to try out this instancing code when I get some time. Hopefully in the next few days I will try adding and compiling it and I will report back on my findings
Old 09-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

All I can say is that after LDON the community outside of each individual guild and the bazaar practically ceased to exist and EverQuest didn't feel like EverQuest to me anymore. And I blame it on the instancing.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:40 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob View Post
All I can say is that after LDON the community outside of each individual guild and the bazaar practically ceased to exist and EverQuest didn't feel like EverQuest to me anymore. And I blame it on the instancing.
thats because all smart people went to LDON =P
cuase thats where XP and loot were.
Rather than to shout for 45 min in the middle of Dreadland /45 ranger lfg, and then log out due to frustration
I had 100 times more good groups during my 6 month of LDON, than all 4 previous years before that.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
thats because all smart people went to LDON =P
cuase thats where XP and loot were.
Rather than to shout for 45 min in the middle of Dreadland /45 ranger lfg, and then log out due to frustration
I had 100 times more good groups during my 6 month of LDON, than all 4 previous years before that.
Because people are forced to do something to keep up doesn't mean that it's good.
I work my ass off because I have to pay the bills, that doesn't mean I have a good job.