Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:54 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

If you change the modifiers in the exp code you will need a way to let the client/server know something changed or you will encounter one of the problems I did where a newly created character kills a level 1 npc and gains 100+ levels or a level 85 character dies then loses 7 levels instead of 10-15% of the current level.

I had been wanting to do something similar to what Secrets proposed but I simply do not have the needed skill to implement it.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

yeah thats why I am trying hard to get KLS attention to make this fix official
Old 10-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
If you change the modifiers in the exp code you will need a way to let the client/server know something changed or you will encounter one of the problems I did where a newly created character kills a level 1 npc and gains 100+ levels or a level 85 character dies then loses 7 levels instead of 10-15% of the current level.

I had been wanting to do something similar to what Secrets proposed but I simply do not have the needed skill to implement it.
The server is the only thing that needs to know the full exp data; the client is quite stupid and only displays a number between 1-100. I don't even think the rezexp stored on the corpse is used, though I could be wrong.

Quote:
yeah thats why I am trying hard to get KLS attention to make this fix official
PEQ doesn't have this issue, therefore it'll never be 'official' until PEQ runs into this issue. Simple fix would be changing the data value to a float for now. If that's too much to ask, well, can't help you really.

However, I can tell you this: SVN checkout + svn update after modifications using tortoisesvn in windows is pretty easy. If you are using another SVN, use tortoisesvn's export function and check out the eqemu revision you stopped on. After that, paste your files into the eqemu folder you checked out. SVN update, resolve the conflicts (as long as you didn't change any major systems, this shouldn't be an issue. Or systems that get changed rarely IE exp.) and compile. Problem solved.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:39 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

I think I have figured out why I was getting massive exp loss on death. I always thought exp loss on death was just a varied percentage being taken away from the players current exp. I assumed that was the case which is a noob mistake. I should know better than to assume anything like that.

Yesterday I started looking for the code that controls death and exp loss and well I found it. There is a large modifier in that formula just as there was in exp gain. So I decreased the modifier by the same factor I used in the exp formula. Then I repeatedly killed a level 85 character as a test, the character only lost about 10% exp on each death instead of 7 levels per. Gonna test this some more but it is looking pretty good so far. I also changed the code for death by sacrifice that necros love using.

Are there any other death tricks in the code that I should look for?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:02 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

btw there is a rule which controls XP loss on death, you may want to take that into account when changing the modifier
Old 10-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

So has anyone actually figured out what should be done exactly, I looked at secrets post on page 4 (im not good with C++) im gonna maybe try and implement it. All i need is level 100, but im getting a bug when i go past like 80ish.

When i attack a creature, my hp regens the exact amount ive lost when im higher than level 80 until my hp is at like 50% then it works as if it were normal

Edit:

Ok it seems to be a problem with the client i assume? Since live only goes up to 85 atm?

Anything past 85 bugs out on the display. I guess there is no way around that. Anything past 90 causes HP to regen back any damage taken until my hp is below 50% ish.

If anyone knows hot to fix this please let me know. Im trying to allow my server up to level 100
Old 10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Short answer is yes, it is possible to level to 100 and beyond. What I posted above will get you to max 253. There are other work arounds, one of which allows you to level up to 65535 I believe it was and it can probably be expanded beyond that if you really wanted to.

The hp flux sounds like an older emulator bug that was fixed. If your display is cutting off hp, mana and endurance values then mod the display to allow for larger numbers.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:42 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astal View Post
So has anyone actually figured out what should be done exactly, I looked at secrets post on page 4 (im not good with C++) im gonna maybe try and implement it. All i need is level 100, but im getting a bug when i go past like 80ish.

When i attack a creature, my hp regens the exact amount ive lost when im higher than level 80 until my hp is at like 50% then it works as if it were normal

Edit:

Ok it seems to be a problem with the client i assume? Since live only goes up to 85 atm?

Anything past 85 bugs out on the display. I guess there is no way around that. Anything past 90 causes HP to regen back any damage taken until my hp is below 50% ish.

If anyone knows hot to fix this please let me know. Im trying to allow my server up to level 100
You start opening a can of worms post level 86, I have ways of showing information to clients but it's not the most efficient way to handle it. You cons are also completely jacked.

Both two small things in my opinions that I could have generated in a utility window for players but just letting you know ahead of time it's not clean cut.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Yeah im probably not gonna mess with it right now. I dont really NEED post 85 levels. Was gonna do it if it wasnt a pain hahaha