Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:44 AM
moofta
Sarnak

Thanks Kayen, that clarifies it. I played EQ hardcore throughout those times yet it's all a bit of a blur (too many late nights raiding I guess). I now take so much for granted I kinda forget what was added and when (and tbh they seem to be accelerating the speed of changes on Live now).

It seems a shame to have to resort to scripts when really it should be integral to the server. However, seeing a working implementation would really help structure any c++ solution (database tables, general approach etc).

Having read through these forums our current instancing system can be... quirky? Presumably the current instancing system was written for LDON's and not true expeditions anyway.

So much code to read, so little time... I'm currently working on type20 aug ornamentations (they work actually but not to a standard I'd like to submit) but also working on getting wife faction to warmly again :P . I'd like to get a pull request accepted before I start working on bigger projects like this though!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Kayen
Developer

It don't think actually implementing the systems would be that difficult if we had all the opcodes and packets ect worked out for them. If these systems can be written in perl they certainly can be done in the source.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:27 AM
moofta
Sarnak

We've got some, I don't know if we have *all*. As much as anything it's having the time to dedicate to them.