Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:55 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Default Player POLL - Please Vote

Related to a discussion in another thread, this poll was started for players to vote on preferences dealing with
progression/non-progression - boxing/no boxing.

Poll can be found HERE (Participation is the key to successful results) Please vote.

It's an easy one-click vote, totally anonymous, no sign-up or anything, just a free poll site.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:03 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Well all I am gonna say is I am both surprised and not surprised by the current results.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

I've noticed the actual bulk percentage of the player base never say much on these forums.
I know people in my personal life, I call them "clickers" when it comes to using computers.
If they can't click on it with a mouse, they want nothing to do with it. Keyboard is too
much work for them. Maybe a poll like this is good idea, who knows.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:13 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

I wouldn't consider the results too close to accurate but it would give an inclination for some that may want to consider it.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:33 PM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast View Post
I wouldn't consider the results too close to accurate but it would give an inclination for some that may want to consider it.
When i suggested a poll, i was actually suggesting something a whole lot wider. But it's a good insight, alot of people do enjoy boxing but i don't understand the non-progression part :S
Old 10-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Now, non-progressive server, what are you thinking for non-progressive? Much like the PvP servers? Orrr.

Because isn't the entire point of MMO's is to get gear and wreck stuff?
Old 10-22-2017, 11:06 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excuses View Post
When i suggested a poll, i was actually suggesting something a whole lot wider. But it's a good insight, alot of people do enjoy boxing but i don't understand the non-progression part :S
Progression in terms of EQ to me have always meant, it is time/flag/event locked, until a certain moment/criteria has been met.

Though, it does seem a little vague in nature. Or was that not at all what you meant?
Old 10-22-2017, 11:38 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
When i suggested a poll
The poll I started, really had nothing to do with your suggestion. It was just something I wanted to do for other "insights".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
Now, non-progressive server, what are you thinking for non-progressive? Much like the PvP servers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
Progression in terms of EQ to me have always meant, it is time/flag/event locked
Eaxctly ghanja, that is the same way I think of "progression" in EQ, but with all the custom options available, it's more than
doable to create a completely non-progressive server. Some might enjoy it, others might find it boring.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:10 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
Progression in terms of EQ to me have always meant, it is time/flag/event locked, until a certain moment/criteria has been met.

Though, it does seem a little vague in nature. Or was that not at all what you meant?

I was probably a little vague, i was thinking more of a custom progression that is similiar to flagging, so a non progression would just be a set of tiers that are unlocked, i gather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast View Post
The poll I started, really had nothing to do with your suggestion. It was just something I wanted to do for other "insights".
Lol, "ok"
Old 10-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Ah, so like you can go to T20 if you aren't T19 geared and get carried?
Old 10-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Quote:
Ah, so like you can go to T20 if you aren't T19 geared and get carried?

God i hope not, no i was asking if that is how they determined non progression, this poll needs to be morr in depth to that regard, it doesn't tell future developers much.

I dislike servers that u can get carried by a single group or 2, that isn't fun at all.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
God i hope not, no i was asking if that is how they determined non progression, this poll needs to be morr in depth to that regard, it doesn't tell future developers much.

I dislike servers that u can get carried by a single group or 2, that isn't fun at all.

I'm with you, which is why I was asking what the point of a non-progressive server is...
Old 10-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Quote:
I'm with you, which is why I was asking what the point of a non-progressive server is...
Pointless servers

I would just like a better insight before i start my own project, when i get time maybe ill do an in depth questionnaire.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Pointless servers

I would just like a better insight before i start my own project, when i get time maybe ill do an in depth questionnaire.
Fair enough, the server I'm working on (I know weird right?) is Redemption, it's customized progression to the point of no NPC in game is not a NPC I made. Meaning you can zone to other zones, but no NPCs will populate it. =P Lots of people have said it's a great way to do it (spells are scaled, custom classes... etc) but it's still pre-alpha gotta build more stuffs. Kind boring only to level 30. Lol
Old 10-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Sounds interesting