Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:04 PM
kedelil
Fire Beetle

Default help me please!!!

Step 4 - EQHost File
•In order for your client to connect to the EQEmulator Login Server (and not SOE's EQLive Login Server), you will need to change your eqhost.txt file to point at the correct location. Go into your EverQuest directory and locate the eqhost.txt file. Replace the contents of the file with the following (Remove any trailing spaces):

*Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer:

?

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

It will not allow me to do this it just says access denied when I try to save changes
Old 10-18-2014, 03:39 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

Where did you install your client? If it is under "Program Files", move it.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

A common problem if it is in Program Files, heck I even had the problem when it was in My Documents folder -
Right click on the folder (Everquest or whatever you named it)
Click on properties
Click on Security
Find your login name
Edit it to allow full control.
Note;
You may have to select Read//Write. It will let you over write the file without giving you any errors.

Alternatively, you could just right click on the EQHost.TXT file and do the same thing... -shrug- personal preference, I guess. =)
Old 10-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

Just to be clear, if you are trying to run from a fully installed version of EQ and have run the patcher its not going to work. Since your EQ seems to be installed in Program Files or another system controlled area, I thought I would mention it.

You can create a directory off the root, like c:\Games\Everquest and move it there. Another option is to move it to the c:\Users\Public. You should be able to edit your file from either of those locations. Alternatively you can run Notepad as administrator, just Right Click it, do Run as Administrator, then open the file using the File menu. HTH