Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

Default Pets breaking mez

On live, for some time, it has been impossible for pets to attack mez'd mobs. Some check occurs before the pets attack and if the mob is mezzed it is removed from its hatelist and it changes targets.

When I have a bot Enchanter that is mezzing an npc, the Enchanter pet immediately breaks the mez. Is there a setting I can change to deal with this so pets cannot break mez or would it be a code change?
Old 10-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Uleat
Developer

Unfortunately..Bots do not have an owner at the moment.

I haven't sat and played for months now..but, I thought that behavior had been fixed long ago?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-17-2014, 09:32 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Just as a temporary fix you can remove enchanter pets from the bot's spell list.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:24 AM
vsab
Discordant

Dev's don't have time to play

Would be good to verify if this is latest source, and I wonder if "real" (not bot) enchanter pets do the same?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

I tested this with very recent source, couple days ago. The enchanter pet, even a player one, will continue to attack the first mob on its hate list after a regular or AE mez. The others it does not attack.

The attack code should have a check if the attacker is a pet if any targets status isMezzed it should just return and not attack. Honestly, and ideally, bots would make the same check
Old 10-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Uleat
Developer

Hmm... If it's not all classes pets' that break agro..I bet it's any mezzing class - specifically, the mezzer and its pet.

Lemme see what's going on there...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-21-2014, 11:48 AM
Fluff
Fire Beetle

To clarify my previous post, I did not test with additional pets. When I said "the others" I meant the enchanter pet will not attack all the mezzed targets, only the one it was previously fighting before mez.

Example, pull 5 mobs with the enchanter pet out. The enchanter pet will start attacking something (expected). Cast AE Mez and mez all 5 mobs. The enchanter pet *should* not attack anything, however it continues to attack the NPC it was fighting and breaks the mez. After that target dies, it does not proceed to break the other mez'd targets. Both the bot and player enchanter pet do this.

I looked at the code for bots and assuming I am looking in the right place, there is a check in there, but I think some kind of race condition is happening and the pet is able to continue attacking if the mez occurs between the isMezzed check and the mez (which seems likely given the frequency of melee attacks). If the check could occur as part of determining it the mob can be hit, like invulnerability except only for pets and bots, that would probably help some.

Last edited by Fluff; 10-21-2014 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: addl detail