Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:55 AM
LordAdakos
Sarnak

Default updated spells and pets

Are we going to see an official spell and pet update here for the new pets?

The last pet I can actually summon is the rank 16 elemental pets (a a mage) before we start getting missing info on pets.

Is this just not a high priority for those who put the databse together? or is there something I am missing? Also, Is there some way I/we can contribute to get these in future releases?

(Fresh compile as of 1350 (-0500) 2/15/13 with rev 2504)
Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 AM
LordAdakos
Sarnak

I hate to bump my own thread but a similar question: If I upload the ROF / F2P spell file to my server, will I be able to use updated spells (minus pets, of course, with appropriate levels? or will I end up with a bunch of level 255 spells?)
Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 AM
tiarabobera
Fire Beetle

/bump I'm curious too
Old 06-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

If you're running your own server and you want to manually enter rank 17 and beyond it's fairly easy to do. Take a look at tables, 'npc_types' and 'pets'. I manually entered the rank 17 mage pet adding one row to each table with appropriate stats increasing the trend from SumAirRxx.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Well, Shiny151, it's not just the Magician pets missing, it's all pets beyond a certain level. As is a lot of content beyond a certain point. These pets were even missing on the public RoF test server, quite ridiculous, as pets are a key part in EverQuest, and for them to be missing, even the newest ones. I don't believe there are any pets around 70+, I don't know why there isn't, but yes, you can add them manually, but there are quite a few with RoF coming out. I would also like to see an update to the content in the PEQ database, with pets, and spells, etc.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:04 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

Agree it's quite frustrating when the servants aren't pulling their weight. I check my silverware for dust each week.

Mind you I do pay the servants.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

PEQ's spells and pets probably won't be updated for a while, mainly because content wise they don't need to. If you want more spells, just run import_spells.pl your self supplying a newer spell file. EDIT: There is also a bug with spells with an ID over a certain point due to improper int sizes (at least improper with respect to RoF)

On pets, they are mostly made up in the current database due to lack of information. And newer pets haven't been added because PEQ doesn't need them yet. If you would like newer pets add them yourself. As an example to add another pet, such as Essence of Air. The spell description says "Summon Pet: SumAirR17" on Alla, so you just need to create an NPC named SumAirR17, best pet would be to copy the SumAirR16 pet and tweak the numbers around (up AC, HP, min hit, and max hit mostly)
Old 06-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
Well, Shiny151, it's not just the Magician pets missing, it's all pets beyond a certain level. As is a lot of content beyond a certain point. These pets were even missing on the public RoF test server, quite ridiculous, as pets are a key part in EverQuest, and for them to be missing, even the newest ones. I don't believe there are any pets around 70+, I don't know why there isn't, but yes, you can add them manually, but there are quite a few with RoF coming out. I would also like to see an update to the content in the PEQ database, with pets, and spells, etc.
Yeah, I get that, but if you want a quick fix to power through until masses of content can be updated then you can add a few 70s pets to bide you over. I do think they are needed even in PEQ's current state because some of the Gates content can be pretty tough with just a few people.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:04 PM
samaus31
Fire Beetle

I know this is an old post...but any help with making this spell work? I have copied the SumAirR16 and made it into SumAirR17 and increased all the stats. I even made a new npcID and made sure they both were the same. I try to summon the r17 pet and it keeps saying unable to find spell. I even changed up the r16 spell and now its not letting me summon that spell either? Any thoughts?
Old 10-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You have to make an 'npc_types' entry, as well as a 'pets' entry. Did you do both of these things?
Old 10-20-2014, 11:19 PM
samaus31
Fire Beetle

Yea made them in both areas. I put the ID as 800. But now I changed the stats on R16 it wont summon the pet now? I guess is there a max amount of areas you can increase? Would that be causing the problems?
Old 10-21-2014, 06:19 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

samaus31 change id back too 5473 for R16 air pet Child of Wind then you should have your R16 air pet R17 id 10695 Essence of Air
default server id for R16 was 566 it would be a great idea to get your ids from your spells_us.txt open with notepad+ the ids should match your spell import list for your server

Last edited by Noport; 10-21-2014 at 06:37 AM..
Old 10-21-2014, 09:25 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaus31 View Post
I know this is an old post...but any help with making this spell work? I have copied the SumAirR16 and made it into SumAirR17 and increased all the stats. I even made a new npcID and made sure they both were the same. I try to summon the r17 pet and it keeps saying unable to find spell. I even changed up the r16 spell and now its not letting me summon that spell either? Any thoughts?
It sounds like you haven't exported the spells to your everquest client's folder?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:39 PM
samaus31
Fire Beetle

Well...I ended up not going with the r17 spell since I could never get that to work. So all I did was use a lower pet and jacked up the stats. And I think the changing of the ID number helped too.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:41 PM
samaus31
Fire Beetle

Now im just having issues with enabling bots/mercs. Ive tried to follow the guide and within the server setup guide but not doing it well I guess. Since the new repack came out I did not do the same things they say to do in the server install wiki.